Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Confused of Warwick - Latest map Guarantee
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Confused of Warwick - Latest map Guarantee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharps4065
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Confused of Warwick - Latest map Guarantee Reply with quote

A couple of weeks ago I bit the bullet. retired my IPAQ PDA for SatNav and bought a 930T.

No problems - yet. In fact I've fallen in love with it..... But I read a lot about the latest map guarantee. Does this apply only to a complete new version ie going up to V8 or if you buy a device with V8 on going to the latest revision?

I have 8000.1762 on my 930T but Home tells me that the latest revision is 810 (at a cost of £99).

Does the LMG allow me to go up to 810 free and I'm doing something wrong to not be able to access it, or is the LMG as much use as mudflaps on a tortoise?????
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest map guarantee ensures that you have the latest map version on your device which has to be upgraded in the first 30 days I believe.
It can be a bit temperamental regarding whether Tomtom home updates it to the correct one or not !!! you may have to contact Tomtom customer services and they will request a copy of your purchase receipt

I suggest you look what is the latest map for your device and use Tomtom Home and click on tools and from the drop down box click latest map guarantees
Always be aware that a new map is always just round the corner so I would wait until near the end of your 30 days
Tom59
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my present map via LMG, but what a performance that was.

The latest map came out, a couple of days before my thirty day limit expired. When I connected to HOME, it told me that there was no map available to me, even though I knew that there was.

I contacted TT Customer Support and to cut a very long story short, they wanted me to e.mail them with my device details and date of purchase. They then wanted a scanned copy, or fax, of my receipt, screenshots from the TomTom, serial number etc. Then there were problems with the server. In all it took me four weeks to get my map upgrade.

You just need to grit your teeth and don't assume that TT will sort it out, 'cos they won't, if you don't keep on at them.
Me Me Me

TT iPhone app
V 1.23 Map: Western and Central Europe 2 GB V 965.7286

TT iOS Go Mobile
V 1.1 Map: Western Europe 965.7248
sharps4065
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh! Thanks. So that's where the LMG is.

I always tell my users RTFM, I should practice what I preach.... Rolling Eyes
Cleggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="john877"]The latest map guarantee ensures that you have the latest map version on your device which has to be upgraded in the first 30 days I believe. /quote]

No it does'nt Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@sharps4065

When did you purchase the device and was it less than 28 days ago?

Does Home offer the v810 maps for update, you should be able to update both the North American AND Western & Central Europe map.

If Home doesn't offer the new maps (both of them) and you have had the device for less than 28 days you will need to phone TomTom using 0845 161 0009 and be prepared to fax/ e-mail a scanned copy of the till receipt which they will require to prove the purchase date - Mike
sharps4065
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, Home recognises that I can update my maps under the LMG. It's chugging away at the moment. Beautifully fast - should have them in a week or so....... Evil or Very Mad
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember to make a back up copy of your device in windows explorer do not depend on Tomtom home to do this as it totally unreliable .

Also make sure you use the disconnect device procedure and give it plenty of time to finish doing what it is doing before you unplug your device as Tomtom software can be easily corrupted

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: