Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Really annoying tiny gap in a road
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Really annoying tiny gap in a road
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder if the gap has been put in by teleatlas as a 'marker' for if some unscrupulous company copies it?!

MaFt
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting thought, but should they not choose somewhere obscure for that - a dead end road with a gap in the middle or a short road with access from both ends within a short distance, not a road which would result in annoying detours.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a similar problem on the M6 Toll road several years ago. I think it was the TT V390 Map that had a gap on the NB carriageway.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Cleggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they finally got back to me (response added below).

My point to them has always been that even TODAY the latest map guarantee clearly states that I have the latest map when I know for a fact that 720 is a newer version that I could have had if I'd contacted them within 30 days (it was about 45 days before I contacted them)

So what they are saying is that I was out of the free offer even though they MUST know that TT Home does not even offer it as of today.

Grrrrrr ! Evil or Very Mad

"Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately we were unable to process your Latest Map Guarantee because we were not contacted within 30 days of purchase of your device.

The Latest Map Guarantee is used to ensure that you have the latest map installed on your device. It entitles you to a free download of the latest Map within 30 days from the date of purchase.

This will offer you the latest map as a download if it is not already installed on your device and you are within 30 days of you first connecting your TomTom to your computer. Please note that the Latest map Guarantee is a one time offer. Once you have downloaded and installed the latest map, the latest map guarantee offer will expire.

Unfortunately, 30 days passed before we were contacted regarding your Latest Map Guarantee and as such we are no longer able to process your request.

Thank you for understanding.
With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team"
Thermocline
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the probs you're having with LMG. When my 720 was new, the LMG system wasn't working. I called TT customer support and told them that the LMG on my new 720 was about to reach the 30 day limit, but that I couldn't get TTHome to download the new map, or even to recognise that there was a new map. TT customer support were most helpful and registered my call and gave me a reference number. They said that when the LMG was up and running again that if I couldn't download the new map because I was out of the 30 day limit, they would sort it out and allow me to download the map from them direct. It worked fine for me. I guess the issue you're facing is that you didn't contact TT customer support within the 30 day limit to tell them you couldn't get the latest map. If you had, perhaps they would have still honoured the LMG.

I see people complain about TT customer support on these boards quite frequently but in my own experience they have always been helpful and offered a reasonable solution. I've only had to contact them twice and each time they've done the right thing. Of course, this is just my own experience and others may see things differently.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thermocline wrote:
I guess the issue you're facing is that you didn't contact TT customer support within the 30 day limit to tell them you couldn't get the latest map. If you had, perhaps they would have still honoured the LMG.

Yes, but Cleggy's issue is that if you don't frequent forums like this one, and you rely on "Home" to tell you about new maps, then you would never have got one under the LMG, and still wouldn't!.

If you didn't KNOW there was a new map, why would you contact customer support?

Cleggy... keep fighting, don't give up on this, in all probability they will back down in the end.
Cleggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am.

I checked again today and LMG neither offers 720 or 725 and still plainly says that I have the latest map.

Which of course, I haven't !

Cleggy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: