Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - All sound lost TT1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

All sound lost TT1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve_SP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: All sound lost TT1 Reply with quote

I have the original TT1. I have a 256mb card in it with speed cameras installed. After the last reset it has lost all sound. I've gone onto TT Home and set the device to work on my PC and I get voices when I select volume or test a voice. With the TT on its own I get nothing. I've put the original card back in and get no sound with that either, so I'm guessing It's the device and not the software. Strange that a reset should have that effect though. Is there anything I can do to restore voices / sounds?
btw...the TT is fully updated and I've even checked that I do have voices installed (just in case !). While I remember, this device has always needed an occasional reset due to not switching on every now and again, but after the reset its always worked fine before.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you go to change voice are the different voices selectable, i.e. they are in colour and not greyed out?
Also try going to Change Preferences/ and tap the "Turn off sound" or "Turn On Sound" does this make any difference - Mike
Steve_SP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I've only selected those voices available to me (i.e. not greyed out), Jane and Tom, Dick, Harry whatever his name is. Also tried the switch sound off then back on trick but it didn't work.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original One DOES have a reputation for the actual loudspeaker to die, but it seems a coincidence if this happened immediately after a reset.
Can you hear ANYTHING if you turn the volume up full and listen closely, even a faint hiss would tell you the speaker is OK.

Secondly, on-one has mentioned backups... Do you not have a full backup of the device that you can go back to from before the problem started?
If you do, try that.
If you don't, do one now as a matter of urgency, in case any thing worse happens (like losing your maps).
Instructions to do one with Windows Explorer are in the FAQs in this forum (don't use Home to make the backup).

Once you've done that, you could try reinstalling the software. Come back for more instructions if you need them, but you should find them repeated loads of times in the forum.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: