Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrianmol wrote:
I am uploading 13,500 UK camera sites but POI loader installs 27,000 sites.
This means every camera has 2 alerts. Am I doing something wrong?

Discussed here

adrianmol wrote:
Secondly I like to listen to MP3’s on my Nuvi. These used to be interrupted by the “Ping”,”Ping” and a visual camera warning. Now I am using mp3 camera voice alerts the Nuvi unit just interrupts the mp3 music I am listening to and randomly switches to the next mp3 music track. Is this a general issue or is there a fix?

Discussed here
paulrkc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope somebody can help, i have a Nuvi 660fm, i'm trying to load PGPS cam database (speed zoned) using Ash's camera manager with mp3 voice files, my problem is the voice files (30 files), dont match up with the created GPX files (5 files), the only way i can match up is to also leave the PGPS files in there but then all warnings would be duplicated.

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help, Regards Paul
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulrkc wrote:
Hope somebody can help, i have a Nuvi 660fm, i'm trying to load PGPS cam database (speed zoned) using Ash's camera manager with mp3 voice files, my problem is the voice files (30 files), dont match up with the created GPX files (5 files), the only way i can match up is to also leave the PGPS files in there but then all warnings would be duplicated.

Which voice warnings are you trying to use - PGPSW's, or CM's?
adrianmol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Ash 10 for the prompt reply.

I read the last 20 pages of this 40 page thread before my post. It appears the questions I raised were discussed on pages 1 and 11. Dooh!

I will try the fixes.

Adrianmol
paulrkc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
paulrkc wrote:

Which voice warnings are you trying to use - PGPSW's, or CM's?

Hi, i've tried both
Liz: ASH10 Camera Manager Version- 30 files
Liz: PocketGPS File Version:With Chime before warning (inc 'pMobile', 'TBA' & 'Variable' files): 32 files

the only voice warning ive had is with redlight, i wounded if thats because its a single file & not individual speed files.

ps... i would be more than happy to donate if you can help

Last edited by paulrkc on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
harleybuell1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Thanks you are brilliant! Reply with quote

Thanks Ash, I am no computer expert by any means but the camera loading software makes things so simple Very Happy

You should be employed by Garmin on loads of money for creating software that improves their product and makes them more saleable Exclamation
bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Not logged on Reply with quote

Hi Ash
Please help since downloading camera manager 2.6 I'm unable to update my Nuvi as camera manager keeps saying that I'm not logged on to pocket GPS world and so can not check for updates. Crying or Very sad
adrianmol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing
I’ve sorted the problem on my Nuvi 310 to get Speed Camera Alerts with the (Ash10 Male voice) while playing mp3 music files.

As suggested a few posts earlier I tried loading the 2.4.1 Beta version of POI Loader with the Ash10 Male voices which I created by converting the .mp3 files to .wav. I used the Sort by Camera and Type option in Camera Manager and I selected the option to separate out Approach and Overspeed Warnings. I expanded the selection of voice warnings e.g. PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Fifty.wav was copied and renamed PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Fifty_Overspeed.wav to give me a full set of wav files. These wav files were placed in my POI Directory. When using POI Loader I selected the “Manual” upload option and for every file I checked the box “This file contains proximity alerts”. I then set off at lunch time and only the Redlight voice alert worked. All the other alerts were visual only, no sound. But my MP3 music track was only briefly interrupted by the one Redlight alert.

Encouraged by this I replaced POI Loader 2.4.1Beta with the 2.4.0Beta version. This earlier version of POI Loader is actually much better as it has the option to delete the previous POI file. I copied and renamed all the Voice files again to record the speed as a number e.g. PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_50.wav i.e. The speed number - 50 (not name - fifty) was used to match the number 50 used in the POI name. I now loaded both the alpha and numeric speed versions of the wav files into the POI Directory. I ran POI Loader 2.4.0Beta exactly as stated in the previous paragraph. I then set off for my 90 mile journey home. Eureka! My Garmin Nuvi 310 now works perfectly. I can listen to mp3 music which is briefly interrupted for an Ash10 voice alert then the track continues. The visual red banner alert still appears on the screen as before.

I have set my Nuvi to give a single POI alert but it still seems to give me a second alert 1 to 5 seconds after the first. To counteract this I set Camera Manager so that the Overspeed timings for Mobile, Redlight and Specs are all zero.

I am now very pleased. Camera Manager is great to use, I like the Icons and the flexibility of the options. My Garmin is working perfectly. I had started to ignore the “Ping,Ping”. I much prefer a voice alert to grab my attention.

Thanks again to Ash10 for a great bit of software. I hope Garmin update POI Loader in line with 2.4.0Beta to allow wav files to be used.

Adrianmol
WarioTBH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The download link is currently down for me Sad

Hopefully its back up very soon!
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the inconvenience, but the license server is currently down - hopefully it will be up again real soon...

Edit: should all be okay now!

Last edited by Ash10 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
WarioTBH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have a POI file on my C:/Garmin folder and ive used the POI Loader before to load some POI's.

Or do i set the directory to the POI folder on the Garmin device itself?

ty
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have used POILoader once before Camera Manger wil determine where the POI folder is from the POILOader settings.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask a few Garmin 'newbie' Q's! I have v2.6 of CM installed. Database has been downloaded etc. No issue so far.

What I'm struggling to understand is how I use/install custom voices and if CM uses Consolidated or Speed Zoned?

I can see in CM's directory that it has what appears to be a consolidated set of files in.gpx format AND a PGPS zip file of the pMobiles. So where does the speed zoned info come from? And for the voices do I just drop our CM version voice file pack .mp3's into the upload directory and use POILoader as normal?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if CM uses Consolidated or Speed Zoned?

CM uses the Single File Database (which is the zip file in your POI directory, inside of which is the p_mobile file and the sc csv and bmp files) and then converts it to Speed Zoned or Consolidated according to your choices on the Settings tab and spits out the necessary GPX files.

Sort by Speed Camera Type = Consolidated
Sort by Speed Limit = Speed Zoned

I don't use the voices but you'll need to add the voices to the folder with the GPX files with matching names as per usual.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, I've muddled through and it's all working. I think I'll give the voices a miss for now too!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 40 of 77

Jump to: