Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - windows CE functionality hidden in screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

windows CE functionality hidden in screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikelata
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: windows CE functionality hidden in screen Reply with quote

hi everybody,

I really need help with my new PDA/GPS device.

I bought a GPS navigation system from a very unknown brand (i-joy) which includes a very unknown software navigation system (3dphotonav). The device comes with Windows CE Core 5.0 install and only maps from Spain.

I would like to install TomTom but I do not know how to do it. The PDA/GPS screen has all the icons and windows shortcuts (Menu, Programs,control panel,...) hidden. So, I cannot install/unistall from the device.
I have installed ActiveSync 4.5. and now I can see the files inside the device. But when I go to Tools/Add-Remove programs I see no programs installed.
I have the TomTom files, and I tried to install the program accordding to the readme file, which provides 2 different folders; 1 to copy into the SDcard and the other to Program Files.... However, nothing happened either.

Can anybody please tell me the following?
How to see the whole functionality of my Windows CE divice? From the PC or locally?
How to install TomTom in the device?

Thanks!!!
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the unit have a memory card slot, or can you see the internal memory via properties, unless you can see at least 1gb for one or the other I think you may well be wasting your time. unless someone else knows better.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the unit have a memory card slot, or can you see the internal memory via properties, unless you can see at least 1gb for one or the other I think you may well be wasting your time. unless someone else knows better.
mikelata
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

It does have an SDcard module. I have bought a 2G card for it.

By using activesync, I can see the device as a "Mobile Device" drive. The whole file structure can be seen, including the windows folder, program files, the SDcard folder...
I have copied the TOMTOM files into the SDcard but the installation program did not execute.

Thanks
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you see a file called ttn6_setup.cab,if so double click on that, it may be called something similiar.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: windows CE functionality hidden in screen Reply with quote

mikelata wrote:
I have the TomTom files, and I tried to install the program accordding to the readme file, which provides 2 different folders; 1 to copy into the SDcard and the other to Program Files.... However, nothing happened either.

When you say you have the Tom Tom files in what format are they? Is this a legitimate copy of Tom Tom and do you have a product code card with it?
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
mikelata
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,

thanks for your prompt reply.

In other words, I do not know how to install any application remotely from the PC into the PDA device. TomTom is just the application that I would like to install but obvioulsy I do not want to buy any software till I know for sure I can actually install and use it.

In the TomTom version I have, which I wanted to use as test material and was copied from a friend, I do not have that called ttn6_setup.cab file. However, if I can learn to install any program with all those hidden windows CE icons and programs hidden, I would be very happy.

Thanks
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in which case this discussion should cease.

MaFt
mikelata
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect your decission even though I do not think the purpose of my question was fully understood.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you were wanting information on how to install a pirated copy of tomtom navigator software. albeit under the caveat that it was only to test it before purchasing...

i know lots of people with pirated software who have been 'just testing' it for years... it's still piracy and not something we condone.

to be honest, by the time you've paid out around £70 for TT Navigator 6 (plus the cost of your initial satnav (i would guess at around £60 for that?)) you could have bought a TomTom One for £90 with far newer maps and better features...

like i said though, we don't discuss ways to install pirate software.

MaFt
mikelata
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your point, which makes sense, but as I clearly said you really have not understood the point of my thread.

My questions are not about how to install illegitimate software. My question is how to install any software applcation in the device. As I said, all the windows are hidden and I do not know how to do it! Even if I buy the software, I would not know how to install.

For example, giving a direction of what software to buy in order to see the hidden windows and how to install it would have been a great help. In constrast, the only direction given was to make feeling as a virtual terrorist.

good luck with your forum!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: