Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Origin B2 - Radar Detector Availability & Personal Updat
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Origin B2 - Radar Detector Availability & Personal Updat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Origin B2 - Radar Detector Availability & Personal Updat Reply with quote

It seems that the radar unit will be out when?

"Many thanks for your mail, both the radar detector and GPS cradle will be available at the end of Q1 next year."

"Many thanks for your mail, the radar detector is scheduled to make its long awaited appearance in August."

It’s taking a long time... wonder why it’s so difficult?

Is there an alternative, even if it’s separate unit & standalone?

As for the unit itself I must say it has been excellent and a definite must have. I can’t fault the database so much so that I’m worried about depending on it. Had some problems with it jumping out its cradle over bumpy roads, so much so that I engineered a locking clip to hold it down - no more problems now though.

One improvement would be to get it to put up the speed in very large digits. These could be scaled down to the small ones when the unit is alerting, but since GPS speed is what its all about I feel should be more obvious.

All in all I couldn’t be without it! - Get one!

ps
Driving through London seems to be "Nightmare On Camera Street" GATSO, SPECS everywhere even the laser alerts when off for the 1st time. One point about speed limits is that sometimes it is hard to know what the local limit is. It can be easy to miss a sign and some roads look like they could be 50 but actually they’re 30 and visa-versa. If the government genuinely wants us to reduce speed perhaps they could commission a GPS database with all the road speeds on it to help us? – just a thought.
DennyL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with every thing you say. It is a really excellent unit, and I wouldn't be without it.

I have occasionally put an elastic band around mine to make it stay more securely on its cradle, but most of the time the magnetic system is OK.

I agree that it is silly that when there are no cameras around the display is largely empty, when they could have made the speed display in larger digits, and maybe a larger display of the direction, too. But these are just niggles compared with all that is good about it.

When I drive in to London on the M4 the laser warning always goes off three of four times as I pass junction 3 just after I've entered the 60mph zone. Does anyone have any idea what causes this?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: