Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Call charges for tt trafic on "3" network
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Call charges for tt trafic on "3" network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
APK1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Call charges for tt trafic on "3" network Reply with quote

I am looking to replace tt on my mobile with either a 720 or ideally a 730 depending on price when they become available, having read about the poor reception on th rds receiver I am considering using tt traffic, my mobile is with "3" will I get charged for data, if so how much, also I travel to France regularly, will I get stung using it there ?
alanwalne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Call charges for tt trafic on "3" network Reply with quote

APK1 wrote:
I am looking to replace tt on my mobile with either a 720 or ideally a 730 depending on price when they become available, having read about the poor reception on th rds receiver I am considering using tt traffic, my mobile is with "3" will I get charged for data, if so how much, also I travel to France regularly, will I get stung using it there ?

Using TT traffic on the 3 network is a nightmare. 3 do not support its application ad connection is patchy at best. Using in France will cost a great deal (if you can get connection that is).
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the 730, TMC works much better on v8 devices now and would in my opinion be your best option.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a traffic subscription on my 510 with my 3 phone and have to say it works ok. I also have the broadband lite and have never had any extra charges from 3 as it must be included with this addon. If you do a search on it there were a few posts about this 2-3 months ago you might be interested in.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the 3 network work with TomTom now? It certainly didn't work in the past and I gave up.
Both TomTom and 3 blamed each other at first with TomTom stating positively that it had tested with 3 and was compatable, and then 3 finally saying that it wouldn't work.
I went with Orange PAYG in the end. There's very little cost for the GPRS data burst.

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
alphalogan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice you found traffic Ok with Orange pay as you go. As a new owner of a 520T I am interested in getting reasonable traffic reports but obviously I must first be able to connect. Currently I have a Motorola V600 through Tesco Mobile and the hands free option works well on the 520T but unfortunately Tesco (who use O2) advise me they do not support a full GPRS connection so I cannot make a wireless data connection. In the circumstances would you recommend a change from Tesco to Orange?
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my contract phone with orange, but for some reason it won't sync with the data, but bluetooth pairs OK.
Thats why I'm using orange PAYG with a Nokia 6630. Instant connection and self configuring.

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
alphalogan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, will investigate further

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: