Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT3 with PPC2003
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT3 with PPC2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mshah
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: TT3 with PPC2003 Reply with quote

I used to have TT2 on PPC2002 and I had no problems when I started TT2. If i didn't have bluetooth on it would load up fine and still allow me to plan routes just to see the journey. it would only complain when i tried to use the navigator screen.

However, on TT3 on PPC2003 as soon as I load it up it goes to my bluetooth manager screen and forces me to select my bluetooth device to connect to. even if i don't have bluetooth on it switches it on for me. i find this really annoying because whether i press the cancel button or click on my BT GPS device it still keeps bringing me back to the screen. All i want to do is be able to load up TT3 without a GPS device connected so i can plan some routes or just look around on a map. Is this possible? Is there a setting anywhere? Thanks for the help
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on what PPC you have there is a registry mod that will cure this irritating issue, it stops the BT Manager screen annoyance that afflicts WM2003 devices.

There is a freeware utility that can apply or remove the tweak and save you the hassle of delving into the registry. You can check that your unit is compatible (you need the Widcomm BT Stack) and download it here.
mshah
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Depending on what PPC you have there is a registry mod that will cure this irritating issue, it stops the BT Manager screen annoyance that afflicts WM2003 devices.

There is a freeware utility that can apply or remove the tweak and save you the hassle of delving into the registry. You can check that your unit is compatible (you need the Widcomm BT Stack) and download it here.

Thanks for this, it sorted it out a treat. No more annoying BT screens :D
Trude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering - does this cause any problems if you use any other BT devices (eg mobile phones, etc)?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only issue I have seen is that is can effect other BT serial devices if you use any. If it cannot find the first serial device it will try for another, which suits me as I have two TT BT units which it sees as two different devices as they have different "MAC" type addresses.

My Nokia 6310 has an extra serial device (was it Nokia Data Suite?) which if installed and no TT BT device is present, TT will try and access it. This extra service was of no use on the iPAQ

I use the registry edit, GPRS networking, TT BT GPS and BT headset all without issue
Trude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Thanks Mr T - I reckon I should be fine if I just delete any serial connections I may have (not needed for any of my other BT devices, I don't think). Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: