Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One Third Edition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One Third Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockin_plumber
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burchy wrote:

I have a TomTom V3 Europe and above post would explain why when I apply the custom menu fix I can't get the Itinery Planning Function to work.

Can somebody PLEASE HELP and tell me where I can get the previous version of the firmware? I'm desperate to get this functionality working.

Re-loading the back-up you made prior to updating your device to firmware 8.010......
Failing that did you let TTHome make a back-up Question
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried earlier tonight to re-install the day01 back up to the One Third Edition and it refuses to boot up, this back up was taken using Windows Explorer rather than the Micky Mouse application it was supplied with - Mike
leicanthrope
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear with me if these are painfully newbie questions, but since I am a newbie, I suppose that's to be expected...

Is there a way to extract data from the unit on routes travelled, or at least the distance travelled? Specifically, I'm looking to pull information without having to preprogram a route in the traditional sense. (i.e. tell me where I've been, versus plan for me where I'm going.)

Thanks,
--Chris
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing on the device as supplied that can do that, but there have been several add-ons produced that do just what you want.
"Tripmaster", "LogPos" and "Event Logger" are the three I can think of and there are download links for all of them the "TomTom add-on Applications" topic in this forum (it's one of the "sticky" topics at the top of the list).

The only problem is that TomTom no longer give third-party designers the tools they need to keep these programs up-to-date, so with every software update it becomes more unlikely they will still work properly or at all.

By the way, what's a "Leicanthrope"? A werewolf that likes expensive cameras?? Razz
leicanthrope
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
By the way, what's a "Leicanthrope"? A werewolf that likes expensive cameras?? Razz

Pretty close to the truth actually. Although I'm a fan of the old style Barnack models that are all essentially derived from a 1920's design. Orders of magnitude cheaper, and far more stylish than the modern ones. I can't quite justify buying the newer stuff that costs more than my car.
Shocked
burchy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockin_plumber wrote:
burchy wrote:

I have a TomTom V3 Europe and above post would explain why when I apply the custom menu fix I can't get the Itinery Planning Function to work.

Can somebody PLEASE HELP and tell me where I can get the previous version of the firmware? I'm desperate to get this functionality working.

Re-loading the back-up you made prior to updating your device to firmware 8.010......
Failing that did you let TTHome make a back-up Question

I did make a backup with the original firmware, but here's the weird think. When I restore the original version the TTHome S/W tells me that the old version's installed in one place, however when you look in the system information section it tells me it's still the new version (needless to say the itinerary planning fix still crashes)
Another other member has been doing some experimenting with this and has found the same, i.e. it looks like you can't go back a version with this model, even if you restore an old backup.

It's really cheesed me off to be honest.
burchy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the following post on this forum for a solution to this:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=68819
lc_999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone please help me. I've followed all the steps that Mike said, copied the text, made the folder, moved it into the roof folder in TomTom, and I can see the new menu system and the icon for Itinerary Planning, but every time I go and tap on the icon, it would freeze and restart on its own. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Les
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lc_999 wrote:
but every time I go and tap on the icon, it would freeze and restart on its own.
Which version of the Software are you using?

See this from earlier in this Thread:

dhn wrote:
Do you have firmware 8.010 installed on your unit? That release killed some custome menu features, including Itinerary Planning, while fixing or improving other issues. If you want that functionality back, I'm afraid you'll have to revert to Navcore 7x firmare for your unit.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have version 8 installed have a read through This Page, the last post on page one details how to get the device back to version 7, re-installation of an earlier back up doesn't work! but it is possible by following those details - Mike
TheManAlive
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a brand new v4 One (it has 22 on the box). I bought the silly thing for driving pre-planned routes. Guess what, it doesnt do it!

I have tried your suggested method for downgrading to the earlier firmware and it just freezes. does this wirk with V4?

Thanks in advance for helping a disappointed newbie!
burchy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, I have to warn you that I don't think anybodies tried this with a V4 before, i.e. only a V3, so it may not work.

When you say it freezes is that when you try and put the new firmware on or when you press the itineray planning button?

If it's the later, then is it possible that you confirmed that the TT has definately installed the old firmware?
melonjuggler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very stupidly updated to Navcore 8 before being directed to this thread. I'd like to used the itinerary feature on my ver 3 TomTom One, is there any way of removing Navcore 8 and re-installing 7?

Also, in the instructions for "How to overcome these omisions" on page 1 where it says:

Put the following text into a file named TomTom.mnu

MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_MAIN|BTM_GPS_POSITION|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE1|Main menu 1 of 2|
MENUITEM|TASK_NAVIGATE_TO|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_FIND_ALTERNATIVES|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_ADD_FAVORITE|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PREFERENCES|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE2|Main menu 2 of 2|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PLAN_ATOB|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_MAP|
MENUITEM|TASK_DELETE_ROUTE|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_TRAFFIC|
MENUITEM|TASK_ITINERARY|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE1|

Then put the file into a folder called "SdkRegistry"

do you do this by opening the TomTom as a storage device through Windows and then create a new "Text Document" which you then name TomTom.mnu? and then place that in a new folder which you then name "SdkRegistry"?

Sorry for the probably stupid nooby questions, any help is very much appreciated Smile
Buddy07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just re your first para, click here and scroll down to the last post on the page. I've tried this and it works.

I'll leave someone else to answer the rest as I haven't done it myself.
melonjuggler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Buddy

I followed the instructions on this thread and on your link but have had no joy Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: