Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom 7 on the Diamond
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom 7 on the Diamond

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marc_holmes
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 7 on the Diamond Reply with quote

Just checking out an assumption before I think of upgrading...

Fact? - The software comes pre-installed.

Fact? - You get to download 1 free city map.

Assumption - you have to buy further maps from TomTom.

Question - in the map shop TomTom 7 is not listed, so which product are you supposed to select?

I'm trying to find a price for GB (&WE). In another (locked) thread I've seen mention that you can specify any v7 product (v720?) and the maps will work, so is that the price you will pay?

Cheers,
Marc.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would wait and see what (if any) information TomTom dish out as this whole issue of TTN7 is steeped in confusion, I am not even sure the Diamond is always sold with the software installed, also the issue of where to get a map from is unknown. If you can wait a while and see how this all pans out it might save you a costly purchase that doesn't quite do what you want - Mike
marc_holmes
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thanks, sounds like sage advice.

Marc.

p.s. can you change my status to Lifer?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lifetime Status now added. FWIW, the Diamond only comes with TT7 if the Operator has opted to include it, it is not a default install.
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for the Diamond to come out on the Vodafone network...'later this month'...or if you walk in off the High Street, they know nothing. Their 'Passport' offering is a great deal for most EU countries and NZ/Australia which is what I want...but not, surprisingly, N America....considering their substantial stake in Verizon.
ps Can I too, be 'upgraded' to Lifetime ?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. Also be prepared that if the Diamond does come out on Vodafone, it may well NOT include TTN7. It's not provided by default and O2 may have struck a deal to be the only UK operator to have it.
sharps4065
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
I'm waiting for the Diamond to come out on the Vodafone network...'later this month'...or if you walk in off the High Street, they know nothing. Their 'Passport' offering is a great deal for most EU countries and NZ/Australia which is what I want...but not, surprisingly, N America....considering their substantial stake in Verizon.
ps Can I too, be 'upgraded' to Lifetime ?

Vodafone have the Touch Diamond available from the 4th August according to the guy at Vodafone I spoke to. I didn't ask if TT would be part of their install but it was on the IPAQ 6910 I had from them.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vodafone business <-- states:

Quote:
Description
Feature rich Windows Mobile 6.1 device utilising HTC's new Touchflow UI. This device is in a tablet form factor meaning it is touch screen only. It comes loaded with Vodafone Email Plus and the Vodafone Sat Nav program.

a quick google comes up with this:

Quote:
GPS navigation

The Vodafone Sat Nav application is powered by Telmap satnav technology . It provides detailed route planning and GPS navigation, with live traffic updates, traffic jam alerts and extensive points of interest information, such as restaurant reviews. The over-the-air updated mapping information uses Vodafone's network to refresh maps stored on the BlackBerry as you need it.

no mention of tomtom...
chappers-UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just posted this on the other diamond thread

"I have a Vodafone HTC Touch Diamond with Navigator 7 installed. I have connected it to TT Home and purchased Western Europe maps for it. Works like a dream, so much so that my Go910 has to Go"

The Vodafone diamond come with Vodafone Sat Nav which uses google maps. The problem I had is that I have used my work Voda sim card in the phone and this has no data connection which the Voda sat nav needs to download the google maps for it.

If you search around the TT7 Navigator software has been extracted from the phone where it came with it, whilst the software is essentially free it means you need to purchase a map to use with it. The install will give you 1 free city map (I chose London)
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know the difference between 6 and 7?

I've also found the download of 7, and have bought 6 so can use the maps with it, or so I understand.

I'd like to know the differences first though, if possible, to see if the upgrade is worthwhile.

Any help much appreciated!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get "MapShare" and the "HelpMe" function (very handy for finding doctors in France or Ireland, even when you are in the UK) and you can change the icon from the blue arrow to a picture of your own car.
The only other new part is a quick menu shortcut that can be put on the main display, pressing this takes you to a menu page containing the icons you want - Mike
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, so it sounds like it's worthwhile.

I was also going to ask if I can install TT7 over 6, but I'm about to find that out now... Rolling Eyes
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so it looks like the v6 maps aren't compatible! Echoed after a bit of research on TomTom's site.

Found a link though where I can buy the new map, albeit all of Western Europe (or Eastern) for 50 squids. Oh well, more money! Crying or Very sad
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Tomtom reply Reply with quote

I was asking TT if TT7 will support TT6 maps..this was their response :

"Currently TTN 7 is only available and supported pre-installed on the HTC Diamond and at the moment only in Germany .

TTN 7 will support V6,75 maps "
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the v6.010 application, and am not sure what map versions I had unfortunately. Either way, they weren't found.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: