Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom GO 530T or GO 520UK. Advice on either please.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom GO 530T or GO 520UK. Advice on either please.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
shadamehr wrote:
@ Dennis.

On a certain 'other' forum, where this was pretty well discussed. Forgive me, and no discredit to this site, but it isn't the ONLY one.

At no point did I state, or imply it was on 'here' Dennis.
Thanks for that. With my VERY limited internet experience, I only know of yournav, but the software for that site is a mystery to me. When I tried to search for IQ Routing, I got zilch, so I obviously am pretty hopeless at that (it's the reason I don't post there - can't work out how to get into the forums - totally different from in here). When I tried to search for your posts, all I got was your profile! Could you give me a link please? At least I can manage to scroll! If you'd rather not post it in public, perhaps you'd PM me the link please?

Hi Dennis.

If I could I would, but doing a search is a bit vague as you say.

So I tried the fail-safe approach "View Your Posts".

Alas, being a different form and flavour of php, the stuff that runs these actual boards, it works different to our own site.

Our site lists all the posts you have posted in, in a list, just like when you use the "Show NEW Posts" option (which not being a mod, is how I as a basic member, use THIS forum - it will only show new posts since your last visit).

Alas, on the other site, it does things VERY differently - it gives you a list of all your own posts, but showing the actual full post itself, but the only scrolling up and down you can do, is within YOUR own post.

So this does not let you get a feel for the full thread content to work out if it's the relevant one.

That shouldn't be a problem, if it really did show ALL your own posts, but it is only showing me the last five to ten or so of mine.

And as this was a couple of weeks back, it is clearly further back than this.

If it helps, I can confirm that calormax, off our own site, was in the thread and posted his comments, and one of the key people to make the claim of how the Limited Speed option works, was the site Administrator himself if I recall correct.

BUT, all of this is rather moot, if others here have confirmed it does NOT work exactly like this, despite their claim.

And we start to get into realms, when we start talking about which members here, are also elsewhere - some might not like that, even if I were to PM you, you are still a Mod, so some might worry this reflects badly on them - which I know you are going to reassure them, is not the case, and they have no cause to worry, yes?

Above all though, as more up to date info has disputed or dispelled what was claimed elsewhere, then it really is moot.

On the other hand, if some think me false, and making this up, I will either spend the rest of the entire night until I DO find said post, or you can maybe PM calomax and ask him about it, and he might recall, if it wasn't too far back (a couple of weeks) - I am all but CERTAIN he will tell you he recalls a thread on Limited Speed, on that forum, a few weeks back, that he and I posted in, even if he clearly can't recall the content, after this length of time.

Hope that helps mate - it certainly demonstrates the vast differences in how certain php forums work though.

Cheers D.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POTENTIALLY scratch all of the above...

As I am getting well confused now.

Because I remember reading this topic/posting in the original topic I mean, at work.

And whilst that means not a lot to you lot, to me it means that I only use THIS forum at work, on a work PC, not the other one.

Yet I ALSO recall the site admin of the certain said other site, making such a claim about how it works.

And I also recall calomax I think it was with his caravan icon, posting in the thread.

So this is really confusing, because that info implies a post in another forum, but also a post in here, given this is all I read at work

With a potential common ground of poor calomax, who MAY or MAY NOT be in both forums.

I give up - my head hurts.

It has been a while since this was posted though
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Calomax...

Mate, if I haven't got your own head done in with all of this, can you recall the thread I mean.

It started of, actually, about something about a bloke who had been to france, and found things not the way he expected, due to how he chose his routing options.

But as I say, if I posted i nthat thread at work, it implies another thread, but on THIS site.

Conversely, recalling what I do aout the site Admin of the other site, making his thoughts known on how Limited Speed works, then that HAS to imply another forum.

So I'm well confused.

maybe there are THREE threads, this one here included.

All of which does nothing to change the fact that it's a lot of fuss, over nothing, as my mother would say.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Shadamehr, I can only recall posting about this subject in this thread. Unless you've totally confused me as well. But I am on the other forum with a similar but different avatar.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: