Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Frustration
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Frustration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
backtothewind
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Frustration Reply with quote

I have had my 960T for a few months. It generally works well. However I am very frustrated with the Content Manager software

1)I get an error message everytime I try to open a new folder in Content manager, IT support are looking into this. I think it was due to trying to import a new icon.
2) it is possible to create a new folder by going to "My Computer"/Mobile device/SD card/My documents, but only routes can be saved in each folder.
3) Moving address in content manager doesnot seem to work infact any addresses that appear in other folders in content manager are not tere in the unit. Addresses only seem to live in the main folder
4) Angelsey does not exist as a land mass only as a road network.
5) When I select Accomodation to display on the map, clicking more detail allows you to select/deselct the type, I want camping with out hotels, but hotels still appear on the map.
6) the internal clock does not keep the hour, everytime you open up the unit the time setting has changed.

If anyone has had similar problems I would love to hear from you.

Also is it possible to "click" a location on the main ViaMichelin website map and save or does it always have to come through a search location. Some of the campsites I use can't be located by a postal code.

HELP

Apart from that I'm happy

Backtothewind Sad
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I can help with a couple of your problems, to get you started:

1) see thread SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixel form for explanation and solution (as you say it's almost certain to be an icon you imported);

6) general problem, I'm afraid, usually after connecting to PC, no solution AFAIK apart from just setting time again! You may find that ViaMichelin Support and Feedback affects you as well - re pacific time - you may want to check.

Hope you get some other feedback!
backtothewind
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Thanks BigPerks

went to the folder with the icon bitmaps and deleted the one I thought was suspicious, loaded up content manager and bingo new files without a problem.

Now to tackle the other problems

Backtothewind
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backtothewind - hello again. Glad you got one problem out of the way Joker

Re your last query, I'm not sure of the best way, but putting coordinates into the "Address, station..." box certainly got VM offering some locations. If these are genuine then (if you know where the site is located) you could perhaps get the coordinates off Google Maps or similar and try them.

You MAY be interested in this thread; although it doesn't resolve the question, it has a few relevant points in it - BTW jonandmarkuk, did you ever get any comeback on your suggestion ( Confused ) ?

Planning a Route on the ViaMichelin Website
backtothewind
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Not so frustrated now Laughing

We are getting there ........... is the motto of the Michelin SatNav group Very Happy

1)I have sorted the issue with setpixel anyone else just find the file on your PC where the icons are stored and get rid of the offending ones

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ViaMichelin\ViaMichelin Navigation PND\ContentManager\Dynamic\MyViaMichelin\Bitmaps\Folders

2) use ImageResize from Microsoft to resize the icons (It does what it sayson the can Embarassed ) when you have loaded it you need to right click on the image and go to the resize option ......... easy when you know how but another frustration when you can't find it.

3) I downloaded the complete zipfile from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtompoi.php

4) then used Poiedit http://www.poiedit.com/ to import the ,csv files and convert them to .asc

5) I have my supermarkets under each company name, Caravan Club sites separate from other camping sites and RSPB locations as well.

I am well chuffed. Thanks guys for the help. I hope this post may help others.

Still have the problem with Angelsey thought Cool
psalm23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the internal clock problem was mentioned in this thread.
Click here

It is set by default to Pacific standard time not GMT.
Mine seems to keep the time pretty well unless turned off for a few weeks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: