Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Updater help (Kinda urgent!)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Updater help (Kinda urgent!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tullyh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Updater help (Kinda urgent!) Reply with quote

Just updated the firmware on my Nuvi 610. Everything seemed to download fine and then I was offered the option of a bluetooth firmware update and some pointer options. Selected a few pointers and the bluetooth firmware. Everything again seemed to download fine. When it was finished web updater closed down automatically and after a few mins I unplugged the USB cable. Unit started up and installed some software and then proceed to update the bluetooth firmware.

Thing is its been stuck at 99% for 15 minutes now. Should I turn it off and on? Don't want to break it on the second day!
tullyh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Updater help (Kinda urgent!) Reply with quote

tullyh wrote:
Just updated the firmware on my Nuvi 610. Everything seemed to download fine and then I was offered the option of a bluetooth firmware update and some pointer options. Selected a few pointers and the bluetooth firmware. Everything again seemed to download fine. When it was finished web updater closed down automatically and after a few mins I unplugged the USB cable. Unit started up and installed some software and then proceed to update the bluetooth firmware.

Thing is its been stuck at 99% for 15 minutes now. Should I turn it off and on? Don't want to break it on the second day!

Panic over, after 30 mins it was still stuck at 99%. Turned it off and on and all is well again phew Smile
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to recall my 660 did this the first time I upgraded the BT - quite worrying wasn't it!

The last couple of updates to BT have gone OK though.
tullyh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philpugh wrote:
I seem to recall my 660 did this the first time I upgraded the BT - quite worrying wasn't it!

Indeed, worked fine today so problems thank goodness.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: