Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom 930t Computer voice (s) Ha Ha
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom 930t Computer voice (s) Ha Ha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themadpanner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: tomtom 930t Computer voice (s) Ha Ha Reply with quote

Sad Just got my new 930t and I think it is a step backwards. On my old 910 there are 3 computer voices for ppoi instructions, but on the 930t there is only one female, and she sounds total crap. Anyone know how to get the voice SIMON from the 910, this voice is very good, or is the 930t total crap.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the latest version of TomTom Home on your PC then the application should let you download the other TTS voices for your 930.
Don't spend too much time messing around with the files from the 910 though as they are totally different (look at the folder size for a start) - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Simon' was also on the CD that came with my 720.

I do know the voice files for the new models are much smaller than those for the 910 (to fit on the available memory. Never having had a 910, I don't know how much these have affected the quality.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all the "Fun" Vicky had I doubt the x30 devices are supplied with a CD/ DVD, also you should remember the TTS files are different for the x30, you can get the x20 voice files working on an x30 with a lot of messing around, but downloading the correct file set for the x30 is the best approach.
As for using files from an x10 on a newer device, this simply will not work, when comparing the TTS on the x30 with earlier devices I must agree that the text quality is not as good as I have heard previously - Mike
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a cd with Simons voice on it clear the european voices and then with the space you have saved you can download the english computer voice , they are there cant remember if on the disc or via home. watch out for the speed cam sounds resetting to bell 1 thou if you dont disconnect the unit for home correctly

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: