Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sluggish performance when a route is "Active"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sluggish performance when a route is "Active"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Sluggish performance when a route is "Active" Reply with quote

I loaded a 200k route into my A10 last weekend. It was a 102KB .gpx file imported via SatSYNC - viewed through SatSYNC in appears as 71.8KB in the A10. If I examine it in Memory Map it comprises 992 trackpoints.

Setting off to cycle part of this ("activated") route, I found that the A10 took ages to get a satellite lock, and when in motion, all the buttons were very, very slow to respond. For example, repainting the map when reverting from Planning to GPS Map took 30 or 40 seconds; each flick of the joystick button took several seconds to move the selection up or down the Settings list; zooming in/out took forever. The device was practically unusable.

As soon as I reset the A10 to "No route active" it speeded up to normal. I could set it to "Show Inactive Routes" and follow the route as a grey worm rather than as a yellow ribbon with arrows but of course this isn't as clear and if I'd had other nearby routes in it, they would have confused the picture.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know this is a longish route, but I've tried it again with a shorter (51 miles) route created on the A10 itself (74.8KB in SatSYNC - 552 trackpoints) and once again I get a very sluggish result if the route is "active"

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: