Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SAT SINK Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SAT SINK Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have nothing to loose in trying that, what version of Memory Map software are you using? - Mike
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LakelandRambler wrote:
Do you think uninstalling and reinstalling Satsync might help? Christine

Probably not. Try importing the GPX file again.....sadly the little message that pops up saying the file has been successfully converted and transfered is not overly reliable.
lxm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it looks as though a new route has not been imported because Satmap does not pick up whatever route name you have given it. In this case it will either be called "Route", or an apparently random number (eg. "1161") or even just a blank space. The A10 does not display the file name in the Route list. Have you tried scrolling up and down your Route list to see if there is something new although it doesn't have the name you expected?

lxm
LakelandRambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
You have nothing to loose in trying that, what version of Memory Map software are you using? - Mike

Version 5
LakelandRambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lxm wrote:
Sometimes it looks as though a new route has not been imported because Satmap does not pick up whatever route name you have given it. In this case it will either be called "Route", or an apparently random number (eg. "1161") or even just a blank space. The A10 does not display the file name in the Route list. Have you tried scrolling up and down your Route list to see if there is something new although it doesn't have the name you expected?

lxm

Thanks, yes, I've scrolled up and down and there's nothing on the list that I haven't created on the A10
lxm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's disappointing. Sorry.

Perhaps if you abandon the Memory Map "save as" function, and use GPSU (or GPSBabel, but I think that is more difficult to get to grips with) to convert your *mmo files to *gpx you might have more success. I do not have Memory Map so have no idea how it works, but I have successfully downloaded, converted and loaded *mmo files to my A10.

lxm
LakelandRambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lxm wrote:
Well that's disappointing. Sorry.

Perhaps if you abandon the Memory Map "save as" function, and use GPSU (or GPSBabel, but I think that is more difficult to get to grips with) to convert your *mmo files to *gpx you might have more success. I do not have Memory Map so have no idea how it works, but I have successfully downloaded, converted and loaded *mmo files to my A10.

lxm

I don't think Memory Map is the problem. The routes [saved as *gpx files] import into Satsync from Memory Map as .map files without any problems. I can see them in the Satsync window but when I switch off and restart the A10 they are not there! If I then plug the A10 into the computer and open Satsync they are there! I think another phone call to Satmap is necessary. I hope the new software will resolve it.
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you may have read in another thread on the subject...it will often show up as transfering....the only thing I can think of is that there is a fault in the conversion process sometimes and it's not readable by the A10.
LakelandRambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
As you may have read in another thread on the subject...it will often show up as transfering....the only thing I can think of is that there is a fault in the conversion process sometimes and it's not readable by the A10.

Are you using the updated software and still experiencing the same problem?
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...have you not read this thread?

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=62174&start=135
LakelandRambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
Yes...have you not read this thread?

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=62174&start=135

Software/Firmware ...... I've no idea which does what! However, what I meant was are you using V 1.15 or it seems to be 1.16 now and still having the same problem. I'm not sure from any of the threads who has the new software and who hasn't. I'm still using 1.03.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christine I have tried all four files you sent on my active10 and they load up via SatSync without a problem, I am using SatSync 1,0,21 and on the actual device is v1,15.
I have tried copying the .map file to both the internal memory and SD Card - this works fine, the three gpx files import and display fine on the device.
To get the routes to display on the device I simply selected "Routes" pick one from the presented list followed by "View" and the route is shown on screen.
As there is nothing wrong with your files I would get hold of SatMap in the morning an get them to send you an update software load for your device - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: