Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SAT SINK Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SAT SINK Problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a10user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: SAT SINK Problems Reply with quote

Afternoon everybody
Has anyone been able to use the SatSink software?
I have downloaded the software from the SatMap home page, when I click the icon on my desk top the SatSink open but it takes ages before another window opens asking "Please connect the SapMap unit which should have batteries and be switched on" which I do, nothing happens for few minutes then a message on top of the satsink window which says " Sat Sink not responding" Am I doing something wrong here?
My computer is XP HOME EDITION. with tons of hard disk space.

Thanks for any help Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works fine for me, firstly I would try a different USB lead and/ or make sure you connect to a PC mounted USB connection point on the rear of the PC rather than a hub or front mounted socket as these can be problematic on some PC's - Mike
a10user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
It works fine for me, firstly I would try a different USB lead and/ or make sure you connect to a PC mounted USB connection point on the rear of the PC rather than a hub or front mounted socket as these can be problematic on some PC's - Mike

Thanks for your swift answer Mike, tries as u said, different USB cable and connected to a rear USB connection, not much luck, same responce as before, as soon a click on "File" or "Help" the message "SatSinc not responding" appear
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of firmware is on your active10? - you can display this by going to settings/ about and version is displayed at the top of the list - Mike
a10user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
What version of firmware is on your active10? - you can display this by going to settings/ about and version is displayed at the top of the list - Mike

Mike is V 1.16 , i I had V1.15 but had some freezing problem so I sent it to Sat Map ,it returned today with V1.16, But I dont think is a problem with the A10, I think is a problem with the SatSinc, also I disabled the Norton antivirus, just in case that's the problem, same results as before.

Franco
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I cannot comment as I am only running 1,15 on my device, I only hope this isn't another bug to be honest. Do you have access to a different PC to try the device with?- Mike
a10user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Well I cannot comment as I am only running 1,15 on my device, I only hope this isn't another bug to be honest. Do you have access to a different PC to try the device with?- Mike

I am afraid i am not, but as long the A10 work I am ok, I am not that worried about inporting/exporting walks to and from the pc to the A10 and viceversa, but i would have liked to try at least.This is something that I have to sort uot somehow,

Franco
lxm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Satsync Reply with quote

Version 1.0.21 is available now, but I doubt that that will sort your issue. It sounds like a corrupt installation, but I am sure that you must have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Does your PC recognise that something (your A10) has been plugged in when you do so? Have you tried having your A10 plugged in and switched on before starting Satsync, rather than waiting for the prompt from the software? Good luck.
a10user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Satsync Reply with quote

lxm wrote:
Version 1.0.21 is available now, but I doubt that that will sort your issue. It sounds like a corrupt installation, but I am sure that you must have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Does your PC recognise that something (your A10) has been plugged in when you do so? Have you tried having your A10 plugged in and switched on before starting Satsync, rather than waiting for the prompt from the software? Good luck.

Yes I have unistalled and installed again, with no better results, where do i get the Version 1.0.21?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the SatSync Software that is at version 1.0.21 not the firmware on the actual device, you can download the SatSync release for free from This Page - Mike
lxm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone out there using firmware v.1.16 and SatSync (v.1.0.21 or any other) together?

I'm still on v.1.03 firmware, which works just fine with SatSync, but I would be very cheesed off if I upgraded (sic) my firmware to v.1.16 and found that SatSync doesn't work any longer.

P.S. Also, if anyone has a card with v.1.16 on which they have finished with, could they put it in the post to me? Thanks. Smile

lxm
chrissyboy2241
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My A10 only crashed once very early on and that was rectified by the first update. Havnt had a problem with it since....until I started loading POI's onto it from Satsync. It crashes every couple of minutes now. Batteries out to reset and everything! I dont have the new update, im still on v 1.03. is this problem fixed with the new firmware?
LakelandRambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Satsync Problems Reply with quote

I'm still running V 1.03 and have downloaded the latest version of Satsync. I can create routes in Memory Map, save as a gpx and import into Satsync as a .map file. I can see them in Satsync but I can't see them on the A10. I have unplugged and restarted but still can't see the routes on the device. I would be grateful for any suggestions - Christine
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christine, I have posted up a series of instructions in This thread, but I am somewhat confused by your problem, if you are importing the data to the active10 via SatSync and can see the resultant .map route file on the SatSync window post file transfer you should be able to select the route on the device?
Can you confirm you have fully de-powered the active10 then on the re-start it should make the installed route available for selection - if you want to be fully sure of forcing a re-start try removing the battery for 30 seconds before re-connection and switching on.
If this fails try sending the route file to both the internal memory and the storage card via SatSync - Mike
LakelandRambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I have removed the batteries and switched back on but still nothing on the A10. If I connect and open satsync the files are visible in .map format. Strangely, I can create a route on the A10 and export it and then import it into Memory Map without problem, but unfortunately, not the other way round! I'm not sure what else to try. Do you think uninstalling and reinstalling Satsync might help? Christine

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: