Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 510/520 - can you load non navman up to date maps?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 510/520 - can you load non navman up to date maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rat_tabs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Navman 510/520 - can you load non navman up to date maps? Reply with quote

Hi
I have a 510 effectively now 520 with the 2005st upgrade and also the upgrade of maps before the 2006 ones(last ones found out today they no longer sell maps for 510/520)
Several questions:
1. Can I update the navman (very happy with it, occasional user so battery OK and external mag mount pick up locates well) with other up to date maps from either another sat-nav company , say TomTom or mapping company and if so how feasible is this?
2. I now have 2 sets of complete navman discs both including Europe. Is it worth selling them on ebay as it says they are protected to the one user so could possibly be useless to a purchaser? This might fund the purchase of new software/maps etc?
3. Is it worth just starting all over again and trying to sell the 510 complete with the maps on ebay and if this is the best option, what do members suggest I go for. I use it mainly for finding business addresses in the UK most of which, if they are on private roads have not come up on the Navman software and for driving in Europe
TerryWalsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi:

I bought new pan European Maps from Navman two weeks ago for £39. They are still available from Navman if you take a look at the following link.
http://ukstore.navmanstores.com/Software%20and%20Maps/510%20520/510/520%20Map%20Upgrade%20Europe___148.htm

Terry Walsh
rat_tabs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately they are out of stock and will not be getting any more, according to their customer service teams yesterday.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only use maps manufactured by Navman and intended for your model. You may find replacing it is the best solution but the price you get for your 510 may not be as much as you'd hope.
rat_tabs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren.
So what should I go for??
I don't need blue tooth as the car is fully kitted out with this, but I do need Europe and ideally the UK business parks, which tend not to be on the navman software as they are on 'private land'.
Your advise would be appreciated.
Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: