Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Question for SatSync Beta users
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Question for SatSync Beta users

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Question for SatSync Beta users Reply with quote

Could somebody who has experience with the SatSync beta please tell me whether the following plan would work within the functionality of that software;

I have bought the SMC GPX dataset for The Munros.. I plan to copy all 178 gpx routes to a blank SD card, then when I want to use one of the routes on a walk, I'll load the sd card, use the "copy route from SD card" function in the route edit menu to copy the route into the A10's memory, then remove the card and load the map pack for the area the route covers. When I've finished, I'll delete the route from the A10 memory. Until Satmap release a firmware update that provides the option to make inactive routes invisible on the map, this seems the best way forward to prevent all 178 routes turning the map into a complete mess!
What I would like to know is whether the SatSync software is capable of transferring all 178 gpx routes to the SD card in the A10 in one job - or would I have to transfer each one individually? Also, I know early versions of SatSync only understood Memory Map gpx files; does the latest one work with any other flavours of gpx? I think the SMC gpx files only contain [rte] data (i.e. route points) but no [wpt] (waypoints) or [trk] (tracks). They open fine in Memory Map, but with 178 of them, I don't want to have to open then re-save them all just to make them work with SatSync!
Thanks for any insight you can give!
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Question for SatSync Beta users Reply with quote

Okay....
I'll answer my own question! Lewis from SatMap kindly e-mailed me the SatSync Beta this morning, and I've been playing with it all day. The good news is that it understands the SMC gpx files without having to first load/resave them in Memory Map Very Happy. The bad news is that it doesn't do batch processing, so I've just finished importing all the routes individually Sad That said, they seem to be accurately displayed on the map, although once I got past 140-ish routes, the software REALLY slowed down a lot. Now if only I could hide all the inactive ones, my maps wouldn't look like someone had just thrown-up spaghetti on them....
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say the software slowed down do you mean the Active 10s software?
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs1972 wrote:
When you say the software slowed down do you mean the Active 10s software?

No...the SatSync software itself ground to a halt after transferring ~140 routes to the A10. It could be down to the (very) old XP laptop that I was using to do the transfers (slow processor and inadequate RAM). The only noticeable difference in the A10 once the routes had been download to it (on the SD card, not internal memory) was that after power-on it took much longer than usual to scan the SD card for the maps that it contained, but once that process had been completed, performance was no different.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: