Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 7110
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 7110

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bazelk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Navigon 7110 Reply with quote

I have added this to my short list for a new sat nav along side the TomTom 720T and the Navman S90I, has anybody got one? if so what is it like? any reviews will be gratefully received. Also the price seems to be about the £300 mark let me know if you have seen it cheaper. Thanx Smile
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Navman S90i Reply with quote

I have a Tom Tom, Garmin Nuvi (one of the first - it's only a 300) a Navigon 7110 and the Navman s90i - the s90i (while not perfect) is in front of all these in many respects and easily the best of the bunch - and only £250 now including Text to Speech, best Traffic I've come across (even picks up a signal WITHOUT the Aerial lead in South Wales!). Highly recommended
bazelk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the reply, I must admit the S90I having had a demo of it at Curry's (and the TT720t) is looking to be my choice as it has a much clearer display and easier menu's compared to the TT, as for the Navigon I have never seen one in a store for sale so cant demo it, so no point buying blind.
The other reason the Navman S90I is looking the best option is it is dropping in price big time now that it has been out for a while, not sure if thats down to Christmas or just finding its true price (Handtec £213.85- Ebuyer £214.99- Pentagon gps £224.99).

I know the S series has some neg postings on this form about it but so doe's just about every other unit out there inc the TT .

Any further comments please.
MikeS48
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same issues. I'm on the verge of ordering a Navigon on line - the 5110 rather than the 7110 - and I've never seen one in a shop to "have a play" with. Puts you off a bit.
What you can do is order from some-one like Pixmania, and it comes with a 14-day return policy. I expect this applies to most on-line retailers though. Then if you don't like it when you try it you can send it back and try another, presumably. Anyone done this successfully?
JAZZMAN-2005
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: navigon 7110 Reply with quote

I recently acquired a Navigon 7110 form a German reseller on ebay at aorund £300 delievered. Early days yet but so far very quick and responsive. Of course nothing else out there looks as classy
gmoorc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any more detailed feedback on these units yet (7110, 5110, 2110)?
Just weighing up the options on a new PNA but can't find much if any UK info on the Navigons.

I'm particularly interested in how well the traffic works, not just in receiving but how easy it is to display and make use of the info, ETA changes, detours etc.

The delay info provided seems to vary a lot between manufacturers from TomTom who provide minutes delay, through to colour coding and then just text for others.

I've also read of concerns in the routing logic from US users but don't know how well they route in the UK/Europe.

Thanks
Gary
gmoorc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've taken the plunge and ordered a 7110 from Pixmania.

Really wanted a unit with Traffic master TMC so I believe it was either this or the Garmin and as the Garmin seems to have a lot of trouble with it's TMC receiver I have my fingers crossed that this will be better..

Feedback to follow Smile

Hoping I like it so I don't need to take advantage of the 15 day money back guarantee and Pixmania's legendary customer service Laughing
bazelk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmoorc, how are you getting on with the 7110.
gmoorc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for delivery.
Ordered on Monday and shipped out today.
I think Pixmania's standard delivery is the same as next day except they don't ship it for a couple of days Laughing

Driving from Folkestone to Dumfries via SE Manchester on Monday so should be able to give some good feedback on TMC reception.
gmoorc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally arrived.
I'll post back when I have had a good go next week.

Going to post a seperate topic about the traffic which has a few issues I think Sad
bazelk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmoorc. Whats the verdict. Question
gmoorc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post something at the weekend when I get back.
Wanted to make sure I had a good go after already jumping the gun on a couple of functions Embarassed

Some quick feedback on traffic accuracy.
Haven't had any jams on my route but plassed plenty on the opposite side of the carriageway and these were always shown on my map display.

Didn't notice any 'false' jams either but I've only done one big trip so far.
gmoorc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just added a review in the user review section.

Gary
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where exactly is your review? I don't seem to be able to find it (it's monday morning)

gmoorc wrote:
Just added a review in the user review section.

Gary
gmoorc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's here. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: