Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cannot Install Copilot Central
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot Install Copilot Central

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redhotorange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Cannot Install Copilot Central Reply with quote

I have a number of problems of installing the C Central and I would be grateful if someone could help.

1. The first problem happened at the early part of installtion. After accepting all the T&Cs, I came across a window asking me to enter mu User Name and Company name and to choose for everyone using the computer or just for myself. I filled all the fields and chose for everyone. I was then told that I did not have authority to do so even though I was doing it as the administrator. I then decided just to install it for my own use and installation continued.

2. After 99% or so completed, I got two error messages, The first one reads:

Error 1907: Could not register font Navigation Gothic Condensed Bold (TrueType). Verify that you have sufficient permission to install fonts and that the system supports this font.

The second one is the same except it is for Regular instead of Bold.

If I choose retry, nothing would happen. If I choose ignor, it will continue the installation.

It will then confirm the installation is successfully completed, then another error message to say:

1628 Failed to complete installation.

This is the story of my installation. Please can someone can shine some light on this.

I did later install the above fonts manually using the DVD provide but still got the same error messages.

I got the same message when I tried to install it on my laptop.

I use Vista Home Premium x32.

Thanks in advance.
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like it's a definite Vista problem. Vista can put up all sorts of funnies with regard to permissions to install software.

If I remember correctly it prefers your to log on as the administrator rather than an ordinary users when you are installing software.

I personally found it so annoying at times that I went back to using Windows XP. Even when I purchased a new laptop loaded with Vista I removed it completey and purchased an OEM copy of XP and installed that.

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)
Redhotorange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h5djr wrote:
Sounds to me like it's a definite Vista problem. Vista can put up all sorts of funnies with regard to permissions to install software.

If I remember correctly it prefers your to log on as the administrator rather than an ordinary users when you are installing software.

I personally found it so annoying at times that I went back to using Windows XP. Even when I purchased a new laptop loaded with Vista I removed it completey and purchased an OEM copy of XP and installed that.

I did log on as an administrator, but it did not make any difference. I never had any problems installing other software.
dpdurst
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running Vista and had no problem with installing CC. My problem was that when installing to the SD card it would never make it. I had to take the SD card and remove from the PPC and then install via a card reader and then it went fine. I don't have the UAC control stuff enabled, I'm wondering if this is the issue or if the escalation for admin prompt is the issue, you can try to turn both of these off. The UAC enable/disable is in admin tools, system configurator, tools and you will have to reboot, the elevate on admin prompt is in the policy settings.
Redhotorange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpdurst wrote:
I'm running Vista and had no problem with installing CC. My problem was that when installing to the SD card it would never make it. I had to take the SD card and remove from the PPC and then install via a card reader and then it went fine. I don't have the UAC control stuff enabled, I'm wondering if this is the issue or if the escalation for admin prompt is the issue, you can try to turn both of these off. The UAC enable/disable is in admin tools, system configurator, tools and you will have to reboot, the elevate on admin prompt is in the policy settings.

Thank you very much dpdurst - it worked after I turned off UAC. The whole installation process was different from what it was like previously. It looks like if you have multiple Vista accounts UAC has to be turned off. This must be due to some problem with CP7 software. I never had any problem with other softwares. Thanks again dpdurst.
dpdurst
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome, glad it worked
arfur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem where by the 823mb EU map file wont install.
All I am left with is major roads.

This led to another error when I tried to reinstall it came up with a "incorrect key" error.

I have emailed ALK and they say wait for an update to fix the key problem !

How can I update if it doesn't install !!

Anyway after getting a new hard drive and reinstalling OS and the works I did get it to load but not the map file.

I am waiting for a further response to get them to send me the file or a new DVD.
dpdurst
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you installing the map file to an SD or CF card that is installed in your PPC? If so then use a card reader. I had a similar problem and using a card reader install the maps with no problem at all then just put the card back in the PPC.
arfur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Copilot Central - the desktop software.

The PPC bit is working like a dream.
Redhotorange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Finally the problem was solved.

I contacted ALK after a couple of weeks they sent me a new DVD. After reinstalling the Copilot Central. The problem seemed to have persisted. However, the Copilot Update button was highlighted (Red). Clicked it and was told that an update was available. After it was downloaded and installed, the problem seemed to have gone away.
Khanchi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Navigation Gothic FONT is MISSING !! Reply with quote

I would really really really appreciate if anyone can send me a copy of this FONT. As I don't have it on my system and have searched the Internet High & low with no trace at all than this forum and your problem ''error 1907 could not register font navigation gothic ". I don't have the application that you have. But I need this font as I used it in one of my programs and after deleting my system I lost this font. Now I am in despair as I can't it any Font website.

Would highly appreciate if you can send me a copy or direct me where I can get it.

Cheers
Khanchi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Navigation Gothic FONT is MISSING !! Reply with quote

I would really really really appreciate if anyone can send me a copy of this FONT. As I don't have it on my system and have searched the Internet High & low with no trace at all than this forum and your problem ''error 1907 could not register font navigation gothic ". I don't have the application that you have. But I need this font as I used it in one of my programs and after deleting my system I lost this font. Now I am in despair as I can't it any Font website.

Would highly appreciate if you can send me a copy or direct me where I can get it.

Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: