Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Poor support?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Poor support?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EddyDC wrote:
Indeed, support from Garmin isn't good at all. I've had Garmins for X years and kicked it out for a Michelin. I was doubting between VM and TT, but I've seen a lot o negative things about the TMC and V7 software on TT, that I took VM.
And again, I appreciate Stu's efforts pretty much. My 'negativism' comes from the fact that the V7 contains a lot of problems and I'm getting impatient and thinking that I'm getting in a second garmin cycle.

BigPerk wrote:

I have only to think back to my recent experience with 'big G' , to feel I haven't got too much to worry about on support with VM. There simply wasn't ANY with the previous company, which was a strong reason for my changing - and others don't seem to be too pleased with other companies either.

David

There may be a few issues that need ironing out, but at least ViaMichelin are listening. I have a feeling that if you jump to another sat nav you'll probably have more issues and less support (and no Stu). One of the main reason I did not go with Garmin is because of the routing problems they seem to have... Do you really want to go on a wild goose chase, and TomTom's seem to have there fair share of problems too.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie100 wrote:
but at least ViaMichelin are listening.

I fully agree Wink

As I've said before v7 looks to be a complete new piece of software, not just a patched v6. I have every confidence that issues will be addressed but we can't expect things to be fixed overnight.
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess one knows since one seems to launch v8 so quick. I hope we get a free update

jonandmarkuk wrote:
As I've said before v7 looks to be a complete new piece of software, not just a patched v6. I have every confidence that issues will be addressed but we can't expect things to be fixed overnight.
Shinymera
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I guess one knows since one seems to launch v8 so quick. I hope we get a free update

The advance previews prior to the release of the 970t said it would come with version 7. I guess they had problems getting it out in the first place.

Either that or they saw it as a double sale to those who bought the 970t when it was released. Wink
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie100 says:

Quote:
One of the main reason I did not go with Garmin is because of the routing problems they seem to have

I don't want to spin this out unnecessarily, but this is a beautiful example! I too had the routing problem with my Garmin for months, and everyone knows how long they have spent denying that anything is wrong - lots of my emails literally just disapeared from from their mailbox without an acknowledgement.

Compare that with the motorway slip road issue with VM - sorted within a few weeks with V7.0.2 (successfully I hope!)
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:

Compare that with the motorway slip road issue with VM - sorted within a few weeks with V7.0.2 (successfully I hope!)

Do you mean with the slip road problem that on a motorway junction the unit will send you off the motorway to the sideway in order to send you up the motorway again? Well that's still the case with 7.02 and even online when you choose fastest route. I've submitted the problem and didn't get any useful answer yet.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EddyDC says:

Quote:
Do you mean with the slip road problem that on a motorway junction the unit will send you off the motorway to the sideway in order to send you up the motorway again? Well that's still the case with 7.02...

Stu said earlier:

Quote:
Just to let you know the V7.02 update on the web fixes several problems including:

"Slip Road Flaw": Route would take you off some slip roads then back on again......

Stu - looks like still a problem!
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the 'proof'

Take this route

Choose fastest (Snelste)

You'll see that it'll do it twice (yes 2x):
Step 11 : around km 18
Step 13: around km 67

These are completely useless and even dangerous in this example (and a bit illegal too).
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EddyDC wrote:
This is the 'proof'

Take this route

Choose fastest (Snelste)

You'll see that it'll do it twice (yes 2x):
Step 11 : around km 18
Step 13: around km 67

These are completely useless and even dangerous in this example (and a bit illegal too).

Please can we move this post to the feedback thread... I also have an example of this in the UK.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of find it interesting that a common thread in this forum seems to be that we have all had sat navs before and from other manufacturers and yet we all now have VM units typically because we were unhappy with what went on before.

I have been using my X-970T for a few months and no it's not perfect but it is as good as anything else I have had and as has been stated elsewhere we at least have a forum here where things can get fixed - the Set Pixel issue is just the latest - and suggestions can be made for future developments.

I have just committed to the 2 year map upgrade programme because as long as we have the likes of Stu on here and things actually do happen even if we have to be patient sometimes I shall stick with VM's products.

So let's not "Kill the Goose that laid the Golden Egg". We have a good forum here, educated opinion and feedback and an invaluable English speaking link direct to the software developers.

Works for me Smile
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote Perussell

Quote:
So let's not "Kill the Goose that laid the Golden Egg". We have a good forum here, educated opinion and feedback and an invaluable English speaking link direct to the software developers.

I've been 'off forum' for a while due to work commitments but for the last 2 or 3 weeks my Content Manager has been 'broken'. My device was still working fine though so I wasn't too pushed. I registered a call with the support centre by phone and with a promise of a ring back I sat back and waited. And waited. And .......

Eventually I sent a PM to Stu which resulted in a call back from support a couple of days later. I'd already decided I would have to reinstall v6 and work back up but wanted it confirmed in case there was an easier way. A nice young lady called Lara confirmed my thoughts and offered a couple of tips and away I went. 3 hours later and I am now back in business. We know there are a few niggles still existing but they are gradually getting ironed out like the setpixel problem. I still can't get the tourist routes to appear in Content Manager.

The point of this post is to echo the positive feedback recieved from others here regarding the exceptional link we have to Stu and his colleagues which must be unique in the sat nav customer service world.

Many thanks Stu and team, and to everyone here that make this community so useful First

I shall post this on the feedback thread as well as I feel it is just as relevant there,
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike - is it because of the current website mis-routing (to safety cameras) that you can't get the tourist routes? If so, then you can get them easily on the French website. Given that the guidance voice can be chosen from a number of different languages, I assume that the download pack will work just as well with English as if you get it off the UK site.

David
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Mike - is it because of the current website mis-routing (to safety cameras) that you can't get the tourist routes? If so, then you can get them easily on the French website. Given that the guidance voice can be chosen from a number of different languages, I assume that the download pack will work just as well with English as if you get it off the UK site.

David

Well spotted BigPerk... we can now get the tourist routes for different countries too. Smile http://www.viamichelin.fr/viamichelin/fra/jsp/nav/MaTelechargementHomeRub2.jsp

I hope the webmasters get the english website sorted soon...
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BigPerk I'll try that when next in front of my PC
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David (BigPerk)

Thanks a lot, I've been going round in circles for a while. I've now got the routes loaded.

Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: