Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One Third Edition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One Third Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deraj090
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats SO weird, I dont have that on mine....is there a way to flash back to an older version? I have 7.130 I think
mikeshe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Can you and mikeshe compare notes? Are you both on the same model and software version? 'cos this is getting REALLY confusing!

Apart from your issue, does everyone agree with this summary I've made from all the posts so far?

Quote:
Auto-off settings on different machines:

x20 series
Change preferences / Page 7 of 8 / Battery Saving Preferences / Choose never turn display off etc. and press Done / Then tick "switch off when external power is lost" on next screen

x10 series
Same but page 6 of 7?

One 3rd Edition
Change Preferences. / Page 4 of 5 / Brightness Preferences / Choose day and night brightness, press done / Choose never turn display off etc. and press Done / Then tick "switch off when external power is lost" on next screen

One XL
Change preferences / Page 3 of 7 / Battery saving preferences / Choose never turn display off etc. and press Done / Then tick "switch off when external power is lost" on next screen

What about the other models?

Right this one is mine:
Tomtom One Europe 3rd Edition
software version: 7.162

One 3rd Edition
Change Preferences. / Page 4 of 5 / Brightness Preferences / Choose day and night brightness, press done / Choose never turn display off etc. and press Done / Then tick "switch off when external power is lost" on next screen

The text you have written which is now showing red does not show up on this edition. After selecting wether to turn off display etc. and pressing Done you go back to page 4 of 5.
deraj090
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason i dont have that...
i the tomtom one 3rd edition U.S.
version 7.130

The red text you just highlighted doesnt show up at all. After i click "never turn off", and press Done, it goes back to page 4 of 5, nothing else...

Edit: I upgraded to version 7.162...didnt work. I still am missing this option. any suggestions?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, mikeshe. Did I misunderstand your post on the previous page?
You said:
Quote:
The One 3rd Edition only has 5 pages on Change Preferences. To find Battery Saving Preferences, first go to Page 4 then Brightness Preferences. You then choose day and night brightness, press done and you get the batttery options.

I took that to mean that's where you found the turn off when power is lost option.
So NO-ONE with a ONE 3rd Edition has it? That makes more sense at least.
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
...turn off when power is lost option.
So NO-ONE with a ONE 3rd Edition has it?

Wasn't on mine.
deraj090
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn...any hacks that can be done?
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the menu modifications noted in the first message in this thread and they worked just as advertised. TomTom just sent an Application update and I decided to run it without removing the menu changes, using Home2. The Application updated without a problem and when I removed the TomTom from the computer, it still had the menu changes and still had the itineraries I had entered previously. In other words, the update went without a hitch.

Jon
mikeshe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Sorry, mikeshe. Did I misunderstand your post on the previous page?

turn off when power is lost option.
So NO-ONE with a ONE 3rd Edition has it? That makes more sense at least.

This is NOT on the One 3rd Edition.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also let astray by:
mikeshe wrote:
Thanks Mike. All working correctly now and backed up with Windows Explorer.

Presume now that you weren't talking about the auto switch off there?
This is often a problem when several issues are all being discussed in the same topic...
deraj090
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i decided to return the 3rd edition and go for a garmin nuvi 200. For an extra 50 bucks, I feel its an easier unit to use, and offers a little bit more.
zoom
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, you're an absolute legend. I've just bought a TT Europe v3, its very good, just what I was lookoing for but felt robbed that they had dropped the itinerary planning as its a feature I absolutely use.
I was delighted to find your bit of 'magic' tonight and now have my itineraries all available on my new TT.
Massive thanks to you and your colleagues dedication - it really does make a difference to someone like me as its transformed a good unit into an excellent one. ta.

P.s. You wouldn't happen to know how you can get Internet radio on an ipod itouch Wink
Found_Out
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi folks,

new user on the forums. excellent utility and found a great amount of info here.

i got my father a tomtom v2 for christmas last year. i thought it was great and used it when he didn't need it. a few months ago i decided to get a satnav for myself and on the recommendation of a friend i went for the garmin nuvi 300t as it came with speed cams and traffic alerts, where the tomtom didn't.

i never use the traffic info, but the speed cams are great. now tomtom have the speed cams on the new v3, i want to sell my garmin and get the tomtom.

from reading this thread and few other bits of info, i'm kind of confused and put off the tomtom.

- do the speed cams come ready loaded on the v3?
- is the mapshare technology any use at all?

with my dads tomtom and my garmin, apart from plugging them in for a quick firmware check, i've never bothered downloading loads of stuff and updating them all the time. i pretty much just use it straight out of the box.

- if you're not bothered about editing the device and hacking it loads, but just want to use it for A to B journeys, speed cam alerts and the odd trip to london/manchester/liverpool (from birmingham) etc, is it a nice and useful tool?

from what i've read in this thread so far, v3 seems like a bit of a dog.

thanks in advance.
mikeshe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3rd Edition isn't that bad, the problems I've had have originated from the TomTom Home causing problems Evil or Very Mad . Needless to say that is of utmost importance that the first thing you do is make a backup of the TT onto your computer using Explorer, NOT TT Home. At least then you can format the TT and re-install from your backup Very Happy

Tomtom speed cameras? Forget about them Confused . If you want better ones d/load the camera database from here for an annual fee of £19 and well worth it. Updated far more often than Tomtom and far more accurate Razz . I've been running the database from here and the TT one side by side and the number of cameras TT don't warn you about is not acceptable Crying or Very sad .

Not used mapshare as yet so can't comment.
Found_Out
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mike.

thanks for the reply, sounds a bit disappointing really. Is it even worth getting this thing?
Found_Out
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, one more thing. with the offers on at the moment, i was considering getting the tomtom one xl...

- would this be a better investment?

it just seems like it's been around for a while, so i'm guessing the maps might be a bit out of date etc. also, i've seen a few places referring to them as "discontinued" so i'm presuming they're going to be superceded pretty soon...

- is this the case?
- in addition, is there a new tomtom one coming out any time soon?
(i don't really want to go and buy a v3 if they're going to totally redesign it in the new year)...

thanks again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18

Jump to: