Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin GTM21 v GTM 12
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin GTM21 v GTM 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larkshall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Garmin GTM21 v GTM 12 Reply with quote

er whats the difference, am considering one to fit to c510?.

DO these devices work?, I'm getting the impression not.

regards

David Low
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between the 21 and the 12 is that they work with different units, so you need to get the right one for your unit.

They work, but do not work everywhere, so do not expect perfect reception across the whole country.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The c510 uses the GTM 21. It comes with a power lead and stick-on (via suction cup) antenna already attached. Details, including a compatibility chart, can be seen here.
adrian_anastas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin GTM21 v GTM 12 Reply with quote

larkshall wrote:
DO these devices work?

That all depends on your definition of "work".

I've got a GTM12 attached to a NUVI 350. I've found that on it's on it's not very good, as the UK has restrictions on FM transmitter strength that limit them far more than anywhere else. I've attached an spare FM string antenna to the end, and it has improved reception slightly, but slightly enough to work far more often.

To attach it I striped the rubber casing off the end of the GTM12 and the extra antenna and twisted them together to get a good contact. This has almost defnately voided the warranty on the GTM unit, but it works so I don;t really care.

I live in North London (not far from Alexandra Palace) and I can now pick up traffic transmissions from the Croyden transmitter it some places, but the hilly area is obviously blocking a lot of the sgnals.

Let us know where you're likely to be travelling and I'm sure other members can give you feedback on what reception is like. Personally west of london (A40, M40 and M4) have pretty much been dead zones until you get close to Oxford or Reading.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: