Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help each other How to install the custom flash disk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help each other How to install the custom flash disk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Help each other How to install the custom flash disk Reply with quote

There are several different versions of the Medion 210 out there like the
210T the 210S the 205 all have different versions of the software on some have version 1.1me others have version 2me and some version 1pe and so on. so installing my custom flash disk is different for each and rather me spending hours exsplaining how to for each version by email it would a great help to all those using it or want to use it to post there
exsperience with it here to help each other out. EG: i have the medion
xxx with software version xxx and this is what i did to get it running

thanks Gary
DeLorean
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary,

I installed your 3 different versions on my new Medion 210T.

Although the menu icons changed, the functionality and features of the Medion software were vertually identical to the original ME 2 version.

Because I also had problems getting a GPS lock with TomTom Navigator 5 (a real shame), I eventually reverted back to the original Medion installation.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=60608&highlight=flash

Good fun trying out your custom flash disk & I really appreciate all your hard work in creating them.

If anyone has a fix for the TomTom GPS issue I'd really appreciate some info.
As I have all the detailed road maps of Western, Central & East Europe, it could get me all the way to Slovakia for my wedding next year, without me having to buy my new 920 Very Happy

Saying that, I think my Medion might be knackered. Sometimes the green light keeps flickering when on batteries & when I came down this morning the stupid thing had switched itself on during the night Sad

As I can't find any Currys stores stocking the 210T anylonger (I only bought mine last Thursday 25th Nov), I'll have to see if Medion can replace it for me.

Fingers crossed.
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: flash disk Reply with quote

Thats not realy what i meant, i dont do tomtom on my custom flash disk and the custom flash disk is nothing like the ME version, It is the AE version with extra functions ie: more menu options and contains all europian maps. The fix for TT gps has allready been posted in the forum
b1ackb1rd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to upgrade to PE and failed but I dont know why.

When you are preparing to install the custom flash disc;
- do you go into the system 'BIOS' by pressing the 'O' and wipe it?
- or just open the flash disc in activesync, select all and delete?

What NEEDS to be on a flash disc to make the system work ok?
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b1ackb1rd wrote:
I have tried to upgrade to PE and failed but I dont know why.

When you are preparing to install the custom flash disc;
- do you go into the system 'BIOS' by pressing the 'O' and wipe it?
- or just open the flash disc in activesync, select all and delete?

What NEEDS to be on a flash disc to make the system work ok?

Reformat your FD..you might struggle to actually wipe/delete the FD itself.
Fatboyfun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Gopal navigator 3 PE on a Medion Gopal PNA 210T working, It's fairly easy to install...

Don't bother installing Gopal assistant, I find it's a waste of time.

What you need is the installation disc and at least a 128MB memory card.

Copy ALL the files from the "Installation" folder to your memory card.
(Should be 105MB of files.)

Make sure your unit is on and insert the memory card into the unit.

Next, Reset your unit by using the stylus or similar in the reset hole.

After the short startup sound press the "o" in gopal with a pen or similar, it is a very small area to press and you have to get the timing right. If you miss it just reset and try again.

You will now have a small menu on screen with some options, using the stylus select "Remove Installation" then Confirm, There will be a short pause then the unit will reboot.

The software will begin to install itself, you will see various windows with progress bars flashing by, total time should be no longer than a couple of minutes in total.

When the install has finished the unit will reboot and you will see a menu screen.

Now copy the maps you want from the "MapRegions" folder on the installation disc onto the memory card, If you want them all you will need a 2GB memory card, otherwise a 128MB memory card will be sufficent for just one countrys maps, (Including the UK.)

Insert the memory card into the unit.

Select the first option from the menu, (A signpost image.)

The unit may ask you what language you need.

And thats it, No unlocking, No complicated setup procedures, and you now have a sat nav unit with several languages, and if you copied all the maps, Complete Western Europian door to door mapping.

The only downsides is that you may not get UK postcode support, but to be honest, it was rubbish on the original software anyway, and the videoplayer and contacts viewer will not work, again no great loss.

I've used this procedure several times with all the different versions of Gopal navigator (2, 3, ME, AE and PE) and it always works for me.
IndianaBlues
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed Gary's custom AE (many thanks to Gary who guided me out of my various blunders!), and have everything loaded and ready to go...however (and quite crucially) I'm not picking up a GPS signal any more! I've seen some comments that say reset to factory defaults then do a hard reset...what exactly is the hard reset, and does it work?
saileshb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indi,

i had the exact same problem.. i managed to get AE working (software wise) but was never able to get a GPS signal. i ended up giveing that unit back and getting another 210.

did the procedure again and it still didnt work. i found a nifty little tool called GPSmonitor1.1 (from GPSpassion forum) which lets you check realtime what satellites you are connecting too.

when i ran the tool i found that COM2 (GPS receiver) wasnt responding. so i went into the bios, and did the GPS update, and GPS signal test. after this, i went into the GPS monitor tool and found that it was locking onto several satellites without any problems. i then closed the tool went back to gopal and presto everything seemd to work fine.

i hope this helps..

also a BIG THANK YOU to GARY for the help getting my 210 sorted. your a star.
dotsy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: medion 96800 Reply with quote

Have sucessfully installed Garys custom upgrade on a 210t.I have come across a medion 96800 but the maps for ireland are terrible and out of date.Was thinking of installing the Gopal that came with my 210t on to it ,by first deleting the nav 5.1a software and then installing gopal and then upgrading to Garys custom upgrade .I have installed tomtom 5 on the 96800 but once again the maps are out of date so I deleted it,
Just wondering will this work before I try ,anyone got any ideas ??????
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: gps Reply with quote

Hi the GPS signal works on some units ok and other not, with my custom upgrade. The best way to fix this is to install the original install files from the AE dvd THEN COPY MY FLASH DISK. and all will be restored. Just to add the custom flash disk is only to show/demo what the unit could do with better software. or as above a gps tool to kick start the unit
dotsy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Have tried to load Ae on 96800 but original keeps crashing it ,does anyone know how to uninstall Navigator from medion ,like hitting the o in gopal and uninstalling the softwar .

Dotsy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: