Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The Stuff Show 2007 incorporating Navteq Navivision roadshow
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The Stuff Show 2007 incorporating Navteq Navivision roadshow

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Shows & Related Technology Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: The Stuff Show 2007 incorporating Navteq Navivision roadshow Reply with quote

The annual Stuff Show is held in conjunction with What HiFi Magazine in the Novotel Hammersmith, London. This year was slightly different in that one of the show sponsors was Navteq, who also held a closed group roadshow for retailers, press and the navigation industry.

The Stuff Show has always been one of my favorite expos as it combines all sorts of gadgets and gizmos with of course a good spread of SatNav systems. This year was no different from the past, and as usual it was combined with the What HiFi show over four floors of the hotel.

I must confess that for the first time I was not overly impressed with HiFi, TV and gaming side of the show. This could be because I already have a great TV with HD DVD and of course a Nintendo Wii (not that I get a chance to use it much). What was really missing for me was an HD DVD writer for my Apple Mac.

Navteq were one of the sponsors of the show, but they did not have a stand in the public area of the show. Instead they held a VIP invitation only event. This was the Navteq Navivision roadshow which has been doing a tour within Europe this summer.

Click here to view the full show report and a summary of the Navteq Navivision event
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was great to see you there Mike!!

Cheers

Stu.

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
realistic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The N810 is based on a Linux operating system and has the capability to connect to WiFi networks as well as the cellular network.

I don't think it is a cell phone only Skype via wifi.
http://europe.nokia.com/A4568593
Mike
mrg2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: It doesn't say its a cell phone Reply with quote

realistic wrote:
Quote:
The N810 is based on a Linux operating system and has the capability to connect to WiFi networks as well as the cellular network.

I don't think it is a cell phone only Skype via wifi.
http://europe.nokia.com/A4568593
Mike

I regularly use my Nokia N800 with my Nokia 6680 to connect to the interweb.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Shows & Related Technology Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: