Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Viamichelin X960 New Edition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Viamichelin X960 New Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryanspink
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not managed to get it to work and no phone call as yet. I did receive an email saying they had tried to contact so I resent them my phone no.

Just a thought.
Is it possible that the problem is caused by the USB port not supplying enough power?

Bryan
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bryan, I will chase up Tech Support for you. If the device is charging under USB then this shouldnt be an issue.....you can tell its charging if the orange light is on.

Cheers

Stu....

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
davemarshall
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the same problem using Vista Home Premium Edition just runs for ages and then says cant find mobile device. The only difference I don't use any phones with my PC. I phoned VM and a very nice lady said she would send me an email on how to resolve it but I never received it. This is a new model so I don't see why it should have problems with Vista.

What really annoys me is part of its selling point is how it ties up with your PC as a stand alone its rather good but what use is it without the ability to connect easily.I have have spent around 4 hours just trying to get the software to install it should take at most 10 minutes.

It does open up windows mobile device centre but refuses the last stages of installing the Michelin software.I think I might try and return it as unfit for the purpose for which it was intended.

At last I solved the problem I tried it the opposite way round plugged in the Michelin and then installed the software it worked perfectly and took about 5 minutes instead of hours. It now opens the software and finds the device. hope this helps

Thought I had it sorted but it only connected once now it wont connect at all

14th November had to reinstall Vista nothing to do with the Satnav but still wont recognise the device I bought this because of its PC capabilities and am really disappointed. I had a Garmin I3 before not a bit of bother. I still have heard nothing back from Michelin.So much for the free safety camera database which I cant download or use my own POI's.To say the least I am not happy I have spent at least 10 hours on it @ say £10 per hour I have spent as much time on it as it cost to buy.

Michelin got back to me ended up a vista problem went into device manager put in there new driver and all OK still cant download Speed Camera database still says August.But the help I got from them was clear and easy to understand

Finally got on to website properly connected and told me SD card needed restore tried and tried no luck so have taken it back to Maplins to see if they can sort it

A laugh a minute received a brand new replacement and guess what I cant get it to talk to my PC but to be fair as a standalone its really good.

But looking I find it no mention about trashing cards with Vista on Michelin's website.Is this a problem they are keeping quiet.

Dave

Last edited by davemarshall on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:23 am; edited 7 times in total
bryanspink
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
The (very helpful) Frenchman phoned this afternoon and whispered sweet nothings for 68 minutes but I still can't get it to work. Next step is to try it on a newer PC and possibly reload Windows on mine.
Bryan
bryanspink
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest Update

I've just tried the install on a fairly new PC running Vista and it worked.
So my next step is to start the long process of reinstalling Windows XP on my machine and see if that cures my problem.

Bryan
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen

Points noted and I will speak to Tech Services on Monday and get the Vista issues looked into,

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vista looks very nice but is full of weird bugs. I got into a big argument with ATI tech support when I couldn't get the driver to install and they said find the fix yourself Twisted Evil

Anyway my point is at the moment Vista is still a new product itself and has loads of bugs which Microsoft need to fix, I think a lot of issues are down to some of the over zealous "security" features. I suspect for some reason the confirmation box isn't appearing for you to allow a config change to the system as that's what seems to happen with my graphics card and Vista will just refuse to have anything to do with the card.

Bit off topic I know..... more of a Microsoft rant Laughing Out Loud. Wink
bryanspink
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Just to let you all know I've fixed the problem with a complete reinstall of XP. I don't know what was causing the problem in the first place though.
I must say I'm very impressed with the service from Michelin in trying to help.
Bryan
DaveCool
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Software problems Reply with quote

I have just got the x960 new edition for my birthday.

Have tried to install.

Error message tells me to connect via usb, which i have done, I can see it is connected becuase the red light is on to show it is charging.

Please help. It is 1:48am and I have been trying to install for over 2 hours

Thanks
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Software problems Reply with quote

DaveCool wrote:
I have just got the x960 new edition for my birthday.

Have tried to install.

Error message tells me to connect via usb, which i have done, I can see it is connected becuase the red light is on to show it is charging.

Please help. It is 1:48am and I have been trying to install for over 2 hours

Thanks
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Hi Davecool, what are you trying to connect the device too? XP or Vista Do you get the 'connected' screen on the GPS as when you plug it into the PC the screen on the unit should change to reflect that it's connected.
deadpixel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Guys!! Reply with quote

that thread didnt have an answer on it. uless these lovelly French people want to call every one with a troublesome viamichelin, can yez please write the solution to the problem? I have a HP Pavillion laptop running XPsp2 home. My via michelin X-960 didnt install, it had the exact same active sync problem. and then said that my device isnt connected. I took the device to work and installed fine on work PC put the maps and some music on. Now i want to change music I cant keep using the work PC for this as i dont have a music collection on it. I recently got a nice HP Compaq desk top for home use running XP sp3 Pro and now having the same problem. what the hell is wrong with these viamichelins? utterly soul destroying. Can any one help?
deadpixel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: THE SOLUTION Reply with quote

1. Uninstall your 3g dongels
2. Unplug your 3g dongels
3. unplug all other usb devices
4. restart your machine
5. install your viamichelin

When u get to the bit where you are asked to connect to the internet and register your viamichelin; it is now safe to plug in and reinstall the dongel. do not close down the installation of your satnav. simply reinstall dongel and once completed, continue with installation of viamichelin.

Hope this helps any one that is pulling their hair out with frustration, I know i was.
AR57
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: THE SOLUTION Reply with quote

deadpixel wrote:
1. Uninstall your 3g dongels
2. Unplug your 3g dongels
3. unplug all other usb devices
4. restart your machine
5. install your viamichelin

When u get to the bit where you are asked to connect to the internet and register your viamichelin; it is now safe to plug in and reinstall the dongel. do not close down the installation of your satnav. simply reinstall dongel and once completed, continue with installation of viamichelin.

Hope this helps any one that is pulling their hair out with frustration, I know i was.

Hi there,
I know it is a long shot, but, I love this device (X-960 V7) but since they pulled out any support at the beginning of 2008 I did not have any update to the maps, and endlessly turning on roundabouts which do not exist in my device….
Does anybody have any idea how to buy an update for the maps (Western Europe)??
Thank you
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had the most uptodate maps when VM pulled the plug then you won't find any newer ones, I'm afraid.

Otherwise, I think the only option would be to see if ebay has a more modern X960 for sale. A couple of people tried buying just maps from an Italian seller a couple of years ago, but I don't think they were a success, and maps are generally keyed to a specific device anyway.
AR57
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
If you had the most uptodate maps when VM pulled the plug then you won't find any newer ones, I'm afraid.

Otherwise, I think the only option would be to see if ebay has a more modern X960 for sale. A couple of people tried buying just maps from an Italian seller a couple of years ago, but I don't think they were a success, and maps are generally keyed to a specific device anyway.

Thank you, David.
When they announced the product they said "...maps are provided by TeleAtlas...". But on their site, there is no ViaMichelin GPS updates. I was hoping somebody knows how to match their maps, somehow, to the X-960.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: