Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Urgent help needed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Urgent help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dynamyte
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Urgent help needed Reply with quote

I have a medion 210 with gopal ME version 1 software. I was trying to upgrade the unit to a PE 2 or 3, but what ever I did I couldn't get it to work. I decided to copy the files in the install directory from the new software to an SD card and use the hidden menu on startup to select remove all and then try a reboot to see if the new files would automatcially install on starup. Now all the files are gone in the "my flash disk" folder and when it starts up it wont do anything. I do not have any of the software that came with the unit to try to do a recovery. Do I have to reinstall the old system, or can I install the new system straight away. Could someone please help with step by step instructions to what I need to do. If the old system needs to be reinstalled, does anyone know where I can download this from as I cannot find it anywhere.
dynamyte
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ????

Please, all help is appreciated
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people would have been in bed when you posted and at work today, there's a good chance you'll get a reply this evening.
dynamyte
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

89 views and no replies Sad

Someone must have an opinion
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to recover the old sytem and then try to do the update if you cant go back to the old system you may have to contact medion to get a new sd card

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
try to recover the old sytem and then try to do the update if you cant go back to the old system you may have to contact medion to get a new sd card

Would suggest that the restore factory settings facility be utilised.
It could well be that it's well & truly screwed, but it may be worth a go.....did you not do a back up?
Also would suggest studying the threads that relate, specifically, to the 210. You may be able to track down a homebrew "My flashdisc" for the 210.
dynamyte
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DaveNN Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alix776 wrote:

Would suggest that the restore factory settings facility be utilised.
It could well be that it's well & truly screwed, but it may be worth a go.....did you not do a back up?
Also would suggest studying the threads that relate, specifically, to the 210. You may be able to track down a homebrew "My flashdisc" for the 210.

No, did not do a backup
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: cab files Reply with quote

Your not alone in what you have done many have done this and worse
what you need but dont have is the original install folder with the cab files in, on reboot it will then reinstall the software as it was originaly medion will charge a lot for this (what a suprise) thats if they will help at all. sometimes a pm might help

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: