Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin Support and Feedback
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin Support and Feedback
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: ViaMichelin Support and Feedback Reply with quote

The purpose of this Forum is not only for those of you with our devices to ask for support and to give feedback but for people who want to buy our products to ask questions.

Please feel free to ask anything you like, discuss how we have handled your requests (If badly let us know so we can fix that) and to suggest how we can improve our devices with features that may be relevent.

Nigel (who is also from ViaMichelin) who looks after the Retail customers and myself (Country Manager) will be checking from time to time to provide answers.

The BUCK really does stop here for anything we do in Navigation in the UK!! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify a few points made in the previous thread about the new s/w and h/w?

I understand that if I was to buy an X-980T now I would be able to get a free upgrade to V7 s/w.

You mentioned new h/w.

What is it and when will that be available ?

Also - when will the prices mentioned elsewhere in these forum be the 'norm'? And will they be for the new hardware?

I have a plan hatching that goes something like....

I buy new 980T for me (of course) Laughing

Wife gets my nuvi 660

Daughter gets wife's nuvi 310 (that I bought for wife earlier this year)

Could sort out one Christmas present for daughter here!
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use a tomtom at the moment, but would be willing to road test your products, free of charge as long as i get to keep them after Wink Laughing Laughing
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu,

I hope you don't mind me adding to the list of questions you already have.

When using Text To Speech certain words can be very garbled. Western Road for example comes out as someting I couldn't possibly attempt to type. I realise it's probably not going to be 100% perfect, but is it something I can improve by maybe selecting a certain combination of settings, or is it something that will / can be improved in the software?

Thanks

Edit: Any chance of making this a sticky please mods??
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

I will run a test on V7 and get back to you on the improvements. I do know there were a few issues and we have been feeding back any which seemed to be a problem to France,

Cheers

Stu
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philpugh wrote:
Just to clarify a few points made in the previous thread about the new s/w and h/w?

I understand that if I was to buy an X-980T now I would be able to get a free upgrade to V7 s/w.

You mentioned new h/w.

What is it and when will that be available ?

Also - when will the prices mentioned elsewhere in these forum be the 'norm'? And will they be for the new hardware?

The new gardware is actually the same device with V7 on but we have altered the mounts to be easier to use. I am just awaiting feedback on information about this and will post as soon as I get it,

Cheers

Stu
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: ViaMichelin Support and Feedback Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
The purpose of this Forum is not only for those of you with our devices to ask for support and to give feedback but for people who want to buy our products to ask questions.

Please feel free to ask anything you like, discuss how we have handled your requests (If badly let us know so we can fix that) and to suggest how we can improve our devices with features that may be relevent.

Nigel (who is also from ViaMichelin) who looks after the Retail customers and myself (Country Manager) will be checking from time to time to provide answers.

The BUCK really does stop here for anything we do in Navigation in the UK!! :lol:

Hi, I am trialling a x950 for my wife, and I have noticed the following:
After intalling personal POI's, or connecting to content Manager via USB, I find that all settings revert to kph, litres from mpg and gallons. Is there any way I can stop this from happening?

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI There,

Can you check the software version for me of your X-960? Its under the settings in the section called About.

If its V6 but before V6.54 then it should be fixed on a download you can get from our web.
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
HI There,

Can you check the software version for me of your X-960? Its under the settings in the section called About.

If its V6 but before V6.54 then it should be fixed on a download you can get from our web.

OK thanks for the quick reply. I'll need to wait till I get home to check.

later

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
broc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: X-980T and a wish list Reply with quote

First let me say how happy I am with my X-980T. Having used a couple of other PDA based GPS solutions the X-980T was my first foray into PNDs and so far the experience has been very good. We found the Michelin guides to be especially useful when touring abroad. It was great being able to sit there & see what was of interest nearby wherever we stopped.

I have also found the support received directly from ViaMichelin and the help I have had from Stuart dealing with the V7 upgrade to be excellent too, a refreshing change from some suppliers I have dealt with in the past.

But, I want more from my X-980T, or a future ViaMichelin product that I would wish to purchase. I drive a motorcaravan on holiday, and at over 3500kg in weight, and it being wide, long, and high like other motorcaravanners I worry about narrow roads, weight restrictions in & around towns and villages and of course low bridges. I suspect there are many van drivers and truckers out there who would echo my wishes: Can we have an affordable PND that warns about narrow roads, weight restrictions, and low bridges? I am sure many road users would be prepared to pay a premium for a device that could alert us to these dangers. The motorcaravan community is growing rapidly in the UK, with many more owners in mainland Europe. 'We' could be a captive market for ViaMichelin?

Keep up the good work Stu, I think you have made a favourable impression with ViaMichelin users on this site.
Drifter47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good news and I am looking forward to seeing the postings here. Funny thing is the bit above about text to speech. I have not used my 980 on long journeys in France yet but just driving around Calais & Cite Europe the speech directions in English were noticebly garbled, to say the least. Managed to switch it over to French and my French speaking wife was able to understand it a little better. Only problem I was the one driving and by the time ny wife translated the instruction I had driven past it. Still a good investment I think and worth sticking with.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: X-980T and a wish list Reply with quote

broc wrote:
First let me say how happy I am with my X-980T. Having used a couple of other PDA based GPS solutions the X-980T was my first foray into PNDs and so far the experience has been very good. We found the Michelin guides to be especially useful when touring abroad. It was great being able to sit there & see what was of interest nearby wherever we stopped.

I have also found the support received directly from ViaMichelin and the help I have had from Stuart dealing with the V7 upgrade to be excellent too, a refreshing change from some suppliers I have dealt with in the past.

But, I want more from my X-980T, or a future ViaMichelin product that I would wish to purchase. I drive a motorcaravan on holiday, and at over 3500kg in weight, and it being wide, long, and high like other motorcaravanners I worry about narrow roads, weight restrictions in & around towns and villages and of course low bridges. I suspect there are many van drivers and truckers out there who would echo my wishes: Can we have an affordable PND that warns about narrow roads, weight restrictions, and low bridges? I am sure many road users would be prepared to pay a premium for a device that could alert us to these dangers. The motorcaravan community is growing rapidly in the UK, with many more owners in mainland Europe. 'We' could be a captive market for ViaMichelin?

Keep up the good work Stu, I think you have made a favourable impression with ViaMichelin users on this site.

Broc,
Thanks for the support and I will check into the progress on height and weight restrictions with our content management team and report back...cheers all!
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
HI There,

I'm using version 6.1.5 (Build 174) on a vM X950

Therefore I shall need to download the new version. Thanks

Any more developments in the offing?

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor.dowle wrote:
Deepfour wrote:
HI There,

I'm using version 6.1.5 (Build 174) on a vM X950

Therefore I shall need to download the new version. Thanks

Any more developments in the offing?

I cant find the link on the website to download v6.54. Can you give me a guide please?

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="trevor.dowle
I cant find the link on the website to download v6.54. Can you give me a guide please?[/quote]

OK I found it

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: