Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Cameras Dissapear from XL Europe?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Cameras Dissapear from XL Europe?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batesy808
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on getting a result ... never heard of Heinz computers ... so they can't have been that big an IT company ... Wink
Hope that they are as nice to me as they were to you - i submitted my request via email more than 48 hours ago now - and have not had a reply (I couldn't face the long wait on the phone whilst listening to "please review the answers on www.tomtom.c*m").
cliveports
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heinz...I like it! Laughing Out Loud

What really winds me up is the hold message smugly telling you that "All the answers can simply be found by going to our website etc. etc. ! yada yada yada

If I could have found the answers I wouldn't be hanging on the bl**dy phone DUH!!

(This isn't just tom-tom its just about every damn company!)

Rant mode Off...The cameras are now showing up perfectly so I have to say again a feather in their (rather justifiably battered) cap!
othilla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my reply from TomTom,they said if I wanted the camera database to work reinstall 6.594 as v7 is incompatible.Good job I use the PGPS database.I wonder if I can get a refund for non working cameras as advertised on the box? Razz
cliveports
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomToms response is outrageous!

firstly I find that a totally unacceptable reply from tomtom, and If I was you I would phone them and tell them that.

So essentially what they are telling you is that you cant upgrade because the product SOLD to you on the box wont work! That sucks!

I would also tell them that they reset another users account (i.e. me) so I could download the latest, which means they are treating customers differently and inconsistently.

I would offer to send you the latest camera database they sent to me but fear that may break licensing laws...and no amount of PM'ing me with your email address will make me change my mind...
RedorDead6899
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for posting this - it appeared on Google after several frustrating attempts at getting my safety cameras to show after Home updated my One XL.

Although I don't have the patience to sit on the fone, I have sent a support question to Tom Tom about it - telling them that I am not prepared to uninstall the latest version to make it work again as the other's person's experience has been - what is the point in updating at all in that case?!

I realised that all updated versions run into trouble, but the lack of any mention of this on the Tomtom site anywhere is poor customer service.

So thanks again, hopefully I'll get the same good response that you did!
cliveports
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!

You've hit the nail on the head, " the lack of any mention of this on the Tom-tom site anywhere is poor customer service. "

I agree and its just so arrogant of them not to do this, they are clearly demonstrating they don't give a stuff about their customers. by now they must have had enough support calls and mails to realise they have a BIG software testing problem. Personally, if my team released something to our customer that prevented previous major functionality from working we'd be in court!

Perhaps someone should send Tom-Tom support a link to this forum post!
batesy808
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Jury is still out on TOMTOM support Reply with quote

The situation continues. I just posted the following onto the support website and am waiting for feedback. I just can't believe that one of the major features of the OneXL - safety cameras - that comes preinstalled on the Europe version I purchased stops working when you update the software - with the only resolution being to pay for a subscription. Surely as Clive has said this major feature should be something that their software testers would have picked up on.

"Thank you for sending the update above.
However unfortunately this update is not compatible with my OneXL - as it is running version 7 of the software.
I travelled to Belgium the week before last - and had no option but to pay 20GBP for the safety camera subscription to get the cameras up and running again on my Tomtom.
It really frustrates me that I only bought this Tomtom 6-8 weeks ago - with one of the main reasons being the warnings about safety cameras. Within a week the tomtom had updated itself to the latest version of the software - but the pre-installed cameras stopped working. The only resolution would be to reset the Tomtom back to the old operating system version 6 and then I guess the zip package you sent me would work - however I feel strongly that this is a backward step.
To resolve this situation I would like to be reimbursed for my purchase of the safety cameras (invoice attached).
If I am not reimbursed then I will feel obliged to take this further as a matter of principle."
othilla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news,with the latest update 7.131 the cameras are back Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: