Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Jaguar S type Sat Nav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Jaguar S type Sat Nav

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blootvr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Jaguar S type Sat Nav Reply with quote

I have a 2000my W Reg Jag S Type. The last updated Jag CD was 2002. It is a Navtech CD but mine is a 2000 CD so out of date a bit. Jag don't do anything other than the 2002 disk Navtech dont list anyting. Is it possible to create my own up to date CD by using maps from my TomTom system or any other source (is it technically possible or not). or will I be infringing copyright etc
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends on a lot of factors, but you can pretty much write off any idea of being able to copy the map data from another device, as each device will have encoded the map data in a unique way. Oh, and yes, you'd be infringing the copyright too Smile

Your only hope is if the unit is manufactured by someone who provide their own navigation maps - eg many Volkswagen / Audi units are made by Blaupunkt, so their generic CDs / DVDs work; Renault use VDO Dayton units, so again their generic CDs work, whereas people like Peugeot / Citroen have the units custom made for them, and no one else produces the CD except them.

I certainly can't find any other information on the Jaguar system to be able to help - I suspect if the latest CD/DVD available from Jaguar itself is 2002, then that's the last update available.

Is your car the latest dash with the full width SatNav system, or the earlier one with the smaller half width SatNav system?
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A further check has indicated it's probably a Denso unit, although could be an Alpine unit (depending on the Jaguar model and age - I can't find out which system was used on which model, so can't state categorically about your S-Type). However, a bigger question may well be is the map data a CD or a DVD?

If it's a CD, you may well be out of luck, as I can't find much information about it - except a lot of people complaining that Jaguar no longer updates the CD map version.

It's also not helped by (apparently) the US and European Jags having different SatNav units in them, making it even more difficult to work out what map formats should and shouldn't work for your unit.
kevmac YTY
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same as my Subaru Legacy SatNav.

Kenwood/Denso DV3200.

Kenwood have just released a new DVD but only with Navteq Q4 2005 mapping.

Subaru are set to release a new DVD with allegedly Navteq Q3 2006 mapping.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look at the iGO chauffer system this may plug in to you courrent head unit and give you iGO navigation this was only launched in the uk on saturday so give it a couple of days before contacting the supplier wich is nemisis

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was intrigued by the iGO limousine hardware, as the picture on the box showed it connected into a Jaguar SatNav system, but they were too busy for me to talk with them to find out how it worked. Be interested to know if there are any web pages of more information available yet...
chancefl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaguar S type Sat Nav Reply with quote

blootvr wrote:
I have a 2000my W Reg Jag S Type. The last updated Jag CD was 2002. It is a Navtech CD but mine is a 2000 CD so out of date a bit. Jag don't do anything other than the 2002 disk Navtech dont list anyting. Is it possible to create my own up to date CD by using maps from my TomTom system or any other source (is it technically possible or not). or will I be infringing copyright etc

Hello
I am looking for a European maps for Jaguar. Can you help me?
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said before - if it's a CD based system, you probably won't be able to find any updates. If it's DVD based, your local Jaguar dealer is the most reliable source.
blend69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Jag S Type Reply with quote

Just bought a new S Type 57 reg. The Disk supplied is a 2007 edition, so clearly there are more up to date ones. I used a TomTom 700 before the integrated in car system on the jag. I have to say I much preferred the 700 as it had better map display, safety cameras etc. I can find out who makes the Jag system either.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your system is the newer DVD based system, which is still fully supported by Jaguar - the original poster was after information on the previous CD based system, which was produced by a different manufacturer, and is no longer supported by Jaguar.
blend69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply swing. Is there any way I can find out the manufacturer, and if any other maps would work with it to improve the graphics / functionality?
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the unit is made by Denso. There are no other maps, nor any other enhancements available for the Jaguar unit.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: