Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What databases do I need to cover all UK and Europe cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What databases do I need to cover all UK and Europe cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gullrock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: What databases do I need to cover all UK and Europe cameras Reply with quote

I am a new user of a Garmin 250 Nuvi and so far delighted!

However I also am a bit confused!! I want to upload all uk for use in the UK (because the supplied one is now a bit out of date), PLUS the Europe camera sites for a visit to France and Spain soon. I thought that if I used the EUR single file it would include the UK but now I am not sure if it does!

I seem to have a UK choice of "Single file", "Consolidated by Type" or "Speed Zoned Complete". Unfortunately I can't quite work out the difference in practice?

When I look at Europe I have a choice of "Single File with all cameras", "Consolidated by type" and "Speed Zoned Complete". Again I am unsure which one to download?

If someone would be kind enough to explain the ins and outs of 'which is what' and also to advise which ones to download I would be very grateful.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.

This has been covered many times before but here we go.

The UK database covers the UK. The EUR database covers the rest of Europe. To get them to work together you need to do a bit of work because of the MPH and KPH differences - read inspiredron's thread for the instructions - CLICK HERE

As for the type of database....

Single File. You get a camera icon on the map and an alert that tells you something like GATSO:12345@40 where GATSO is the camera type, 12345 is the camera number in the database and @40 is the trigger speed.

Consolidated By Type. My preference. You get different icons for the different types and warnings as above.

Speed Zoned. You get an icon that shows the Speed on the map and a warning as above.

You can download them all (for your own use) and try them all (one at a time) to see which you prefer.
gullrock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

Thank you for your patience, it is now much clearer!!

I have downloaded both the EU and UK files by type and as suggested in the link you supplied I first uploaded the EU one and then renamed it eu-poi.gpi and then uploaded the uk file and some other ones too and they all now seem to be sitting together side by side.

I have also disabled the "Garmin Safety Camera" Proximity Alerts and just left a tick in the Custom POIs box because I think I read that they would otherwise conflict?

Hopefully it will all now work, thanks again,

Richard

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: