Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navsure 300i
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navsure 300i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nalagnik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: navsure 300i Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to resurrect one of these Sat Nav's after the flash rom has been wiped out by formatting from the service menu ? Been given one of these to see if anything can be done with it but have been unable to find anything at all on the web. No Navsure website ( redirects to Cheetah with no mention of 300i model !) and more importantly checked out the usual Sat Nav forums but no sign as yet of a rom image for it that can be downloaded to replace it. Shame unless anyone has been this route already AND found a rom image file with results.
milkybarkid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of yesterday I too would be very grateful if someone knew the answer to this!

Although this unit has been compared to the Medion 210 so was wondering if a fresh install with the Medion software would work.

Anyone tried this?
milkybarkid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes I have now tried this by followng this thread

Everything seems to load fine but can't test any further at the moment (no batteries Confused ) but will post more when I get new batteries.
nalagnik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milkybarkid: I would be most interested to see if you have any luck with your lead. I have already tried experimenting with it but in my case all I got was the Medion splash screen followd by a request for the insertion of an SD memory card ( which was already inserted ). Please report back even if you don't have any success as someone might have the answer. I did come across a forum member with the handle of 'removed' who seems most knowledgeable on Medion 510/210 and I tried emailing him to ask for his website as he did mention he had file construction information. He has as yet not replied. Good luck and let me know how you get on please.

Last edited by nalagnik on Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
milkybarkid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nalagnik, it seems to work ok but with a couple of minor problems.

Firstly as it boots up it shuts itself down again but by pressing the on button again it then reloads up as normal.

Secondly it can't hold the battery charge anymore so it would have to be used via the car charger all the time.

But it's worth it to have a working satnav again instead of just a grey box. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: