Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom HOME v2.0.0.366 working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom HOME v2.0.0.366 working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xda wrote:
DennisN wrote:
The GO720 has now been out on the High Street Colliers for coming up to three weeks. The Support section of the TT website STILL has no entry for GO720. It must be a pretty reliable piece of kit if they don't need to post any easy questions and answers. Soon, they'll announce (or maybe just quietly issue) the fifth version of Home and the fourth version of Navcore 7 in three weeks!!! Or am I a cynic?

No problems so far, all updates installed via home, PGPSW cameras installed through home and 6 complete CD's on to a Kingston 2GB SD Card. Configured most of the options via the virtual TomTom. Had to manually put the OOG files into the map folder for the speed related Speed camera files.
Using computer voice, and Jukebox works via FM.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is the most useful post I've read so far on the subject. Clear, no doubts, just what I've needed. You've got a 720 running all the issued software/firmware updates and running without crashing.

That means if mine doesn't work, it's faulty.

Thanks again. Tonight when I don't need to rely on it, I'll try all the updates and see what happens. If it crashes, it'll have to go back.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an add-on, did the usual copy of the Go720 software to a folder on my 'D' drive having first put XP Pro into view all system files and folders.
Installed Home from the original supplied CD. Then let it download all the updates that were available.
Removed the Go from it's desktop cradle, did a soft reset & rebooted Windows XP.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
WafuDude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaah! This might indicate a problem with Vista compatiblity then. Am I right in thinking that everyone experiencing the "XULRunner has stopped working" problem is running Vista as their OS?
killarachris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@WafuDude

nope, XP.

TT Go 720, 7.010,
Boot:5.4062,
Map v705.1480
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WafaDude Nope Win XP Pro 64 bit.

tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WafuDude wrote:
Aaaah! This might indicate a problem with Vista compatiblity then. Am I right in thinking that everyone experiencing the "XULRunner has stopped working" problem is running Vista as their OS?

XP for me too ! I have had some discussions with TT about my problems and they have told me the unit is faulty and has to be exchanged - it seems the internal drive on the unit is corrupted (as well as the hand-free speaker subjecting my call recipients to an imitation of The Hound of the Baskervilles).

What is not clear is whether the hard drive was dodgy when I got the unit or (as I suspect) the TTome 2.0 application messed up the files, so when I copy them back onto the unit the problems reappear.
I did a CHKDSK on the drive and it reported loads of errors, so did a full format on the internal drive then ran CHKDSK again and it was cleared, reloaded all the files, did another CHKDSK and got all the errors again ! So now I have to go through all the hassle of having it exchanged by the dealer.
I supose I should think myself lucky I found all the problems before the 28 day exchange period expired - but I don't - I just feel aggrieved that TT once again seem to have released a product that is not properly tested and then compounded it by releasing software that is equally untested. (they have released a whle plethora of firmware updates and TTHome updates in the few weeks since the 720 was released .....) Mad
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xda wrote:
Just as an add-on, did the usual copy of the Go720 software to a folder on my 'D' drive having first put XP Pro into view all system files and folders.
Installed Home from the original supplied CD. Then let it download all the updates that were available.
Removed the Go from it's desktop cradle, did a soft reset & rebooted Windows XP.
Just a quick clarification please.

You have all the updates (showing in your signature). Can you now run the virtual device in TT Home - did you download successfully that file XULRunner in order to use the virtual 720 in Home?

The indication from your post is that you downloaded everything, then did reset and reboot - my trouble is that I can't download the final item, namely XULRunner. It all seems to work fine until I reach that point.

xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
xda wrote:
Just a quick clarification please.

You have all the updates (showing in your signature). Can you now run the virtual device in TT Home - did you download successfully that file XULRunner in order to use the virtual 720 in Home?

The indication from your post is that you downloaded everything, then did reset and reboot - my trouble is that I can't download the final item, namely XULRunner. It all seems to work fine until I reach that point.

Virtual device from within TomTom home works fine, did most of the configuration of the 720 that way.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. I've emailed Handtec (no phone support, only email) to ask about replacement.

Thank you again.

WafuDude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Returned my TomTom 720 to Currys in Town this afternoon. They offered me a replacement so I asked them if they were all delivered as one batch. The young lad said he thinks so because they have only had one delivery. I politesy declined their offer of a replacement and went for the full refund.
Next stop, Tesco Homebase store down the road. They had litterally just had a delivery and said that if I was ok to wait for an hour while they unloaded the lorry then I could have one. I waited and got one.

Plugged it all in to pc. Backed up immediately and then downloaded all upgrades (TT Home v2.0.0.370 and TT v7.0.10.0). Everything working as it should... No voice stutter, screen flicker, microphone distortion etc. Clicking on "operate my go" initiated the request to download file, which it did and.... WOW!!!! It worked straight away without the need to threaten physical violence.

Dodgy initial batch from TomTom????????? Razz
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Tesco Homebase store down the road Reply with quote

WafuDude....Whereabouts in Soton did you get the 'working' 720....We usually visit West Quay once a month....You input much appreciated. Very Happy
WafuDude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it in the relatively new, big Tesco HomeBase store in West Quay Retail Park (Not the indoor shopping complex), next to the Halfords and Staples stores.
Hope this helps.
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we all have the XULRunner problem, then does the 720 need to be returned as faulty?
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: 720 from Tesco HomeBase Reply with quote

WafuDude...Thanks for that, I know the place. Hope it stops raining by the weekend, then I'll go outside.
killarachris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ technik

try the suggestion in this thread, this may solve the XULrunner crash problem

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=58646&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Mine works fine now (in that I can operate the virtual control - still manages to re-set some of my preferences Mad )

TT Go 720, 7.010,
Boot:5.4062,
Map v705.1480

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: