Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which GPS Camera Detector
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which GPS Camera Detector
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi flylikeahandbag,

Let us know how you find the Talex after you had a chance to test it for a while.

Thanks
flylikeahandbag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Do. :D
flylikeahandbag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I said I would report back on the Talex.

I have had the unit about over a month now and covered ~2000 miles.

I wanted a unit that was small with good audible information as I decided to hide the unit, so I did not have to remove it from the vehicle.

I have hard wired the power and the unit is now hidden in a coin box in my Honda. Its syncs up no problem.

Audible information is precise and gives information about the possible hazard, fixed, mobile, specs etc A tone is played once the hazard is past although if looking at the unit it is obvious. The unit will tell you what the speed limit is for that stretch of road and will also give an over speed verbal warning.

Accuracy has been spot on with fixed. A temporary SPECS section was still in the database although it was no longer there. Warnings about possible mobile sites can become tedious, but this is a necessary evil.

The unit database is fairly straight forward to update although you need to follow the instructions precisely otherwise you will have to start again. Updating takes around 10 to 15 mins max.

Don't think there is any more I can add. Let me know if you have any questions.
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi flylikeahandbag,

Thanks a bunch for getting back on the Talex. It definitely sounds like the Drive-Smart replacement I need.

You are right about the tedious nature of mobile sites being being a necessary evil. About a month ago whilst driving through an area of Gloucester the DS was sounding off madly all over the place giving misleading information about gatso's, mobiles and the likes. My brain having become frazzled with the noise ignored them. Rounding the next corner a mobile setup had me in its sights. I spent the next two or three weeks waiting for the NIP as I was doing about 33mph according to the DS which is far more accurate than the Golf's speedo which tends to be between 5 & 10mph out of kilter. So far I haven't received anything in the post so hopefully they were having a tea break. I'm sure the discrepancy between the accuracy of the Laser and the inaccuracy of the cabled speedo is something that must be costing the motorist a fortune and being exploited to the limit by the Road Safety Partnership. If my speedo says 35mph I'm doing 30, but at 37 which is not precisely calibrated on the gauge, partly because of the thickness of the hand itself making it difficult to judge and there being no calibrations markers between 35 and 40, can easily place me over the limit by a miles or two per hour unless you are constantly looking at it rather than the road. Get into another vehicle and its different again. How are we suppose to judge the degree of accuracy of any mechanical device, be constantly looking at the speedo whilst driving with due care and attention, at the same time fearing that at any second you are going to be the next victim of this unjust system and hoping the Talex or such like is going to warn you in time? Oh well, at least its all going to a good cause!! So to the Talex I say scream at me as loud and as often as you like, the louder the better. I'm going to be listening to you..

Thanks again.
jbarca
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have recently been given a micro fuzion expreess, just wondering if its possible to install the pocketgpsworld database on it.

What kind of files does it take?

Thanks for your time

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: