Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom HOME v2.0.0.366 working?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom HOME v2.0.0.366 working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FazerUK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This newer version, still does not see my TT700
Western_Europe-Map v650.1127
killarachris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... it works on my windows laptop (except for the virtual control which crashed the app but I'm sure they'll realise they've screwed up again sooner rather than later) and the best news is that 'most' of my preferences remain intact after using new Home (except for audible warning when approaching speed cams - the one I set is changed back to the first one in the list)

Same cannot be said when connected to intel Macbook. Still on 'old' version of Home (does anyone know if there is an update planned for Mac's?) and 'most' preferences reset.

I'm resigned to the crackly speaker at full volume on battery power - as has been said before, unlikely to use full volume as it is very loud but I can live with connecting power if I need to. Handsfree seems to work now (on 3rd unit so maybe there is truth to 'third time lucky') so I will keep it for a little longer!!

C

TT Go 720, 7.010,
Boot:5.4062,
Map v705.1480
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killarachris wrote:
(except for audible warning when approaching speed cams - the one I set is changed back to the first one in the list)
C

Same here - updated to v 7.010 and the problem persists. Reported it to TT and got ' I have escalated your case to our second line technical support for further assistance' - so I guess I'll to wait and see what they say (maybe escalated to third line, then fourth etc. ?!).

But each time I use the 720 I find another problem:

Hands free is totally unuseable due to a loud buzzing on recipients phone (I've tried on several different mobiles and it is the same on all of them).

Battery life abysmal & when the low battery icon appears - showing a third battery power which one might assume is to give you a chance to plug the power lead in - the unit immediately switches off.

I accepted the TTHome 2.0 (not the beta version) upgrade that the program offered and now it crashes whenever I try to operate the 720 in the program, or back up.

It is becoming clearer by the day from my experience and from the many other reported problems on this site that these units are suffering multiple problems - now if this was the very first TT device I would be a little forgiving but for heavens sake they have been producing them for years and there is no excuse for fobbing us off with something so clearly not fit for purpose.
killarachris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ tedkay

Buzzing microphone on hands-free is sadly a fault and will need you to replace the TT - My second unit had this fault, it was 3rd time lucky for me.

TT Home virtual control works this morning - perhaps it just needed a rest! I did uninstall and reinstall a couple of times and reboot everything I could think of.

Not had a battery problem - is this more joy on the way! - time for a battery test.

C.

TT Go 720, 7.010,
Map v705.1480
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm - well things have gone from bad to worse ! After the backup crash I mentioned in my previous post I disconnected the unit and tried to start it - it hung on the splash screen and wouldn't switch off - tried again - same thing - tried hard reset - it switched off but then when restarted hung on the splash screen again. Reconnected and tried to revert to an earlier backup - found that TTH2 has deleted the previous one and replaced it with the last backup which crashed halfway through (that's a nice move TT - make it delete all previous backups so if the current one crashes you are b.......ed ! - do they never stop to consider the implications ...?!) TT - you have managed to develop software that will cripple the unit and at the same time delete a previous backup that might have enabled restoration !

So - not to be defeated I decided to copy everything from another 720 (my sons - he was wise enough to refuse the offered TTH update !).
First I tried to delete all the files on my 720, but the ones in the LoquendoTTS folder would not delete - Windows reported that they are corrupt or unreadable. So I formatted the disk. Then copied everything from my sons 720 onto mine. Fired it up and all appeared well at first - but then I got a message saying No Maps Found !. So I assumed that the maps must be coded for each device - went back to the folder where the failed backup was stored and found that the maps appeared to be intact - so I reformatted again then reloaded everything except the maps off my sons unit, and added the maps from my backup. Fired it up and success -it appears to be working.

Then I tried to uninstall TTHome 2 so I could revert to the old version on my disc - but the unistaller wouldn't run which indicated that the Home 2 installation was corrupted. I deleted its' folder from Program Files. Then I ran the installer from the TT Home disk and it appeared to go in OK.

Flushed with this success I decided to ignore Home and do an immediate manual backup via Windows Explorer - this failed at the LoquendoTTS folder which it reported as corrupt or unreadable. (Is there something about these LoquendoTTS files that I don't know about ? despite the Windows message about them being corrupted they seem to be working OK - I can use the computer voices ... ?)

I ran the old version of Home and found that it would connect and allow me to view the folders on the 720 (I didn't dare try a backup in case it put me back to square 1) - but the option to operate the unit on screen was not available.

So I'm still up the creek - the unit is working, albeit with the faulty hands-free etc, but I can't use the TTHome features or back it up either via Home or Copy & Paste ! Brilliant - just Brilliant !

I am left wondering if anyone at TT even bothers to test any of the software before it is unleashed on their unsuspecting customers ?

I mean, what happens when some bod says:

"Right OH then Boss - I've just completed the latest version of the Home software - "

Is the reply

"Well give us a demo then" which demo then proceeds to cripple the new unit - and Boss says "You Crank - do you think I want a million units back for repair due to your lousy faulty software - You're Fired !".

Or does Boss simply say

"OK then - don't bother to test it - stick it on the website and we'll let the punters do the testing - you go and have a nice holiday instead".

I suspect the latter !

Mad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted, that really is a sorry tale of woe - you need to get the back-up issue resolved though, I suggest you have a look at the FAQ page which can be found Here look at item #1 which details backing up using Windows Explorer - if this won't work can you let us know at which point it fails - Mike
killarachris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted, as you still have a faulty unit due to the microphone issue I'd be tempted to give yourself a rest. After all, if you get everything fixed you're still left with returning the unit for the microphone fault.

Mind you, I'm just as stubborn and would probably end up messing about with the unit for hours just for the satisfaction of getting it to work!

Good luck

TT Go 720, 7.010,
Map v705.1480
killarachris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, double post

TT Go 720, 7.010,
Map v705.1480
mikentl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same problems as most of the replys here, I managed to get it working on vista and xp by uninstalling all versions of home, deleting the "home" folder reloading the latest version of home, doing a hard reset on the go 720. Then going through the setting up procedure on the go.
I then ran the home program checked for updates, then connected the go. After all this it worked on my main computer running xp and my laptop running vista
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Home v2.0.0.370 have been geting the error 'XULRunner Stopped Running' when selecting 'Operate My Go'
The program then closes down.
forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:
In Home v2.0.0.370 have been geting the error 'XULRunner Stopped Running' when selecting 'Operate My Go'
The program then closes down.

If you have a look here it gives some very good information on how to get Home up and running again. I had same problem but carefully read the posts and now all is working again.

REMEMBER TO DO THE ALL IMPORTANT BACKUP

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=58646&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Samsung Galaxy S9 (o2) contract
WafuDude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attempted to sort out this mess this morning and have uninstalled Home v2, downloaded Home 1.5 from TT site, then upgraded back to Home v2. Whilst doing this I deleted the OS on my TT 720, re-installed from a backup that I had made when I first got the thing. When clicking on the "Operate my TT" it goes to the usual "you need a file to operate this function" and then, after selecting "download" I then got..... "You need a file that is currently not available on our site. Please try again shortly" !!!!!! Does this mean that they have now removed the faulty/corrupt/incompatible excuse of a file that has been messing us all about?????? Lets hope so Rolling Eyes
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GO720 has now been out on the High Street Colliers for coming up to three weeks. The Support section of the TT website STILL has no entry for GO720. It must be a pretty reliable piece of kit if they don't need to post any easy questions and answers. Soon, they'll announce (or maybe just quietly issue) the fifth version of Home and the fourth version of Navcore 7 in three weeks!!! Or am I a cynic?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
WafuDude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke too soon. The file is available again and guess what..... It caused my TT 720 to crash with the same results as before - "XULRunner has stopped working".

!!!! Evil or Very Mad
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
The GO720 has now been out on the High Street Colliers for coming up to three weeks. The Support section of the TT website STILL has no entry for GO720. It must be a pretty reliable piece of kit if they don't need to post any easy questions and answers. Soon, they'll announce (or maybe just quietly issue) the fifth version of Home and the fourth version of Navcore 7 in three weeks!!! Or am I a cynic?

No problems so far, all updates installed via home, PGPSW cameras installed through home and 6 complete CD's on to a Kingston 2GB SD Card. Configured most of the options via the virtual TomTom. Had to manually put the OOG files into the map folder for the speed related Speed camera files.
Using computer voice, and Jukebox works via FM.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: