Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New problem with TT Home 2.0
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New problem with TT Home 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killarachris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallelujah!!! - 3rd unit, multiple different downloads ov different versions of Home but (fingers very firmly crossed) "seem" to have a fully functioning unit that plays nice with Home (as long as I don't try using the Mac version of Home)

Rattly speaker on full vol - I can live with that as a compromise of form over function. Now perhaps I can use it to guide me places!!

TT Home v 2.0.0.370 navcore_7.01.8290.gox20

TT Go 720, 7.010,
Boot:5.4062,
Map v705.1480
eddieTM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: navcore_7.01.8290.gox20 Reply with quote

Okay, having only just upgraded from ipaq 2210 and TTN5 I not so upto date with th GO's how and where exactley do I find navcore_7.01.8290.gox20 as I only have the .exe files in backup how do I extract it. Any help would save me thowing it through the windscreen.

Eddie

TTGO 720
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connect the device to the PC and perform a full back up , then start the TomTom Home application which should automatically look for updates and download them as required, (or click the "Check fo updates" within Home), then check the box next to the new application in the middle page of TomTom Home on the PC and click the "Install to TomTom" button - Mike
teecee90
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem.

When Home 2 installed I unstalled the previous version (as recommended as part of the set-up), which also seems to have deleted my previous back-ups.......so I dont have navcore 7.00.8286 files.

Any ideas ?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teecee90 wrote:
I have the same problem.

When Home 2 installed I unstalled the previous version (as recommended as part of the set-up), which also seems to have deleted my previous back-ups.......so I dont have navcore 7.00.8286 files.

Any ideas ?
I uninstalled Home 2 (from Control Panel), then reinstalled, using the CD out of the box, which is Home 1.6. I did also have multiple backups done using Windows Explorer, so was able to write that back to the 720.
Use Windows Explorer to look into ...
Documents & Settings\Your name\My Documents\Tom Tom, to see what you've still got.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
iainsanderson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: clarification Reply with quote

Hi Guys and girls,

I have just bought a new TT720 I connected it all up to the computer and turned it on, it automatically downloaded home 2

At first everything worked fine, but then something happened and now I
get the same error and then the program closes.

Please as I am a novice to this can someone tell me what I need to do to get the TT to work with Home and what versions I need and where do I get them. I am running vista so I cant access the disc that comes with the TT.

Thanks in advance.......
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: clarification Reply with quote

iainsanderson wrote:
Hi Guys and girls,

I have just bought a new TT720 I connected it all up to the computer and turned it on, it automatically downloaded home 2

At first everything worked fine, but then something happened and now I
get the same error and then the program closes.

Please as I am a novice to this can someone tell me what I need to do to get the TT to work with Home and what versions I need and where do I get them. I am running vista so I cant access the disc that comes with the TT.

Thanks in advance.......
Welcome To the forum.

For this, you need to be more than "Novice". If you cannot understand the preceding posts here, take your GO back to the shop and tell them it doesn't work and you want one that does - or else!! When you get a new one, FIRST JOB BEFORE YOU START ANYTHING WITH IT is to get a backup copy done. If you don't know how to do that, ask somebody to show you (using Windows Explorer).

tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all the aggro I have had with the various versions of TT Home over the last few days, and then finding that the hard drive & hands-free speaker on my 720 was shot the device has gone back for a replacement. Obviously when I get the new unit I will want to do a nice new clean install of TT Home (after I first do a full Windows Explorer backup !). But I am a bit concerned that there will be some nasty bits and pieces left over from TT Home so I (rather optimistically) sent this to TT:

I have just had to send my 720 back for replacement due to various faults. Like many others (see the forums on PocketGPS World) I had issues using TT Home 2.0 ( I suspect that this program caused a lot of the issues on the device). I have uninstalled TT Home 2.0 but I am concerned that because several updates were issued last week my system may have remnants of the various updates in the Registry and elsewhere, and when I get my replacement 720 this may cause further issues when I install TT Home again.
I note that the standard TT Home uninstaller does not do a complete uninstall (it does not remove the TomTom folders in My Documents, Application Data, Program Files etc. nor does it remove Registry data).
So can you supply me with a complete uninstaller which I can use to remove all traces of TT Home from my system to enable me to start 'clean' when I get my replacement 720 ?

It'll be interesting to see what they come back with .....
hindsight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had a reply from TT on the XULrunner.exe problem with Home2? It seems from the posts that not everybody is experiencing it - it's not an exclusive Vista problem either as it also happens on my XP machine.

I sent them an email, but haven't had a reply yet. I would have thought that, with all this noise on the subject, they would have issued a fix by now.

This 720 is my first TomTom and I must say, I'm somewhat disappointed at the number of bugs that folks are reporting. It clearly wasn't ready for prime time.

TomTom Go 720 and loving it with Google Earth linkup.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GO720s which are giving problems are faulty and should be exchanged where you bought them. Here's what my supplier (Handtec) said to me last night ...
Quote:
It seems there has been problems with a few 720 systems. This is due to a faulty batch as we have tested a few systems and have come to this conclusion as they don’t seem to have the problem mentioned. As mentioned you were in urgency when purchasing as you requested the pre 9:30am delivery and we will be more than happy to offer you the same service by offering you the opportunity of the faulty item collected and the new system delivered.

Please advise on a suitable day for collection and we will arrange for this accordingly?

Thank you for your time and patience.
This was after we tried Tom Tom's suggestion of disabling Firewall and Anti-virus - good idea n'est pas? - connect to internet without firewall and anti-virus!!

eddieTM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Handsfree Reply with quote

Ever since this update lark no one can hear me on a handsfree call, they say it sounds like a mossie is stuck in the speaker. I can hear the caller fine but even if I shout it does not make any difference.
The first time I tried to make a call (straight out of the box) it worked fine!

Also when trying to make a call yesterday the whole unit went into a fit! alternating bettween a beep and the dialtone.

Eddie

TT720 - TTH v1.5 Build 106 - (TTH2.0 still not working)
Motorolla V3 PAYG
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Handsfree Reply with quote

eddieTM wrote:
Ever since this update lark no one can hear me on a handsfree call, they say it sounds like a mossie is stuck in the speaker. I can hear the caller fine but even if I shout it does not make any difference.
The first time I tried to make a call (straight out of the box) it worked fine!

Also when trying to make a call yesterday the whole unit went into a fit! alternating bettween a beep and the dialtone.

That ties-in with what I think - that it is the TTHome software that is causing all the problems - it is buggy and when you connect it puts its' nasties onto the device. My unit was working fine straight out of the box too and only went t..s-up after Home 2.0 got near it. I suspect that the file you have to download to operate the 720 in Home is the bogey ...
eddieTM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks tedkay,

Glad Its not just me, thought I was going barmy its so close to going back to the shop.

Cheers!
davidrew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an alleged computer expert the symptoms displayed would indicate that the 7.010 version is at fault not the actual hardware. Also some of the previous posts would support this conclusion by having the fault introduced.

What I would like to know is anyone using a 720 with 7.010 and TT Home 2.0.0.370 with no problems? If so maybe there are some 'component' differences or other microcode issues?

I have a 720 which crashes in TomTom Home Operate My Device with:

Faulting application xulrunner.exe, version 1.9.0.0, faulting module navcore.7.010.8290.2.milan.dll, version 7010.8290.1.0, fault address 0x00159902.

The internal 'drive' (which I think is flash memory) is fine and all CHKDSK's OK and other than the TomTom home issue operates OK.

I don't use the Handsfree phone option so can't comment on that.

I would support the fact that TT need to get their act sorted out and test releases fully before causing so much grief for users and the suppliers.

Last edited by davidrew on Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skwark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this thread:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=58812

Link edited for clarity - Oldboy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: