Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Error when loading POI to an ICN 510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Error when loading POI to an ICN 510

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcusb1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Error when loading POI to an ICN 510 Reply with quote

can anyone help? I've successfully loaded gatso & other POI's downloaded from this site to my Navman, however I have a list of golf clubs I obtained from a free site that wont load. When I try I get an error No POIs in input file. When I look at the format it looks correct, Long & lat separated by a comma, and a description. the only thing I can see, is that the description ends with a hyphen followed by a phone number.

Any help is gretfully recieved as its doing my brain in. & and I cant type all the info again Crying or Very sad
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi marcusb1963. Welcome to the forum.

Once upon a time the Navman devices used to display a telephone number with curtain poi's. On my latest Navman it looks like that feature may have been dropped.

If you have access to a databasing program like Excel you could clean up the file, by dropping the telephone number. You could of course look at the poi database here on this website as I believe there is a comprehensive Golf club database there, which is pre formatted for a Navman. See 'Download POIs' down left side of screen.

I am a little suprised there is not a sutable golf club poi list already pre installed on your Navman already, but how uptodate it might be is another question?

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
marcusb1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply, I "think" I've solved it.

I tried with excel, but no matter how I saved the file the POI manager wouldn't recognise it. So i opened it in wordpad, and comparing my file to others, there were no quotation marks around the location portion. An hour + of editing later I don't get the same error message I get something different. I think this may be due to the fact I've missed some " marks off 1 or 2 entries ( tho my eyes are to tired to check tonight Laughing Out Loud)

You are correct tho, some golf courses are included, but not an up to date list.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: