Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rider 2: can't connect to Tomtom home
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rider 2: can't connect to Tomtom home
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can suggest is to try this on yet another PC (I know you've tried two). If a third has the same issue then it's almost certainly a faulty unit.
Tarby777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
The only thing I can suggest is to try this on yet another PC (I know you've tried two). If a third has the same issue then it's almost certainly a faulty unit.

Cheers Darren - I'm thinking along those lines too. I'll track down a mate and see what we get...
Tarby777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho hum... Tomtom 1st line support have given up now that I've tried everything they could think of, so my call has been passed to the 2nd line (technical) staff. Two days and counting since my call has been with the 2nd line people, and no reply yet.

The last support drone I spoke to said that connectivity problems with Tomtom Home aren't even a "known issue" let alone a big problem, which is utter cack. No wonder they have a bad reputation for support. One of them insisted the problem was down to my firewall (it wasn't) and another said I couldn't connect because my device was brand new and there weren't any updates available for it yet! But I should still be able to make backups and construct itineraries, shouldn't I? Oh yes sir, I hadn't thought of that... 8O

Are any Rider owners on the forum within spitting distance of Stockport / Manchester? I'd love the opportunity to try my unit out on one more PC - particularly one where Tomtom Home works OK for another TTR.

Cheers,
Tarby
Tarby777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and back to Tomtom it goes. I chased them up today after having had my call sit in "research" status without any activity for three days, and they agreed to take the TTR back for repair. It's a shame it ever made it out of the factory with this problem, but never mind. Here's hoping I get a good one next time...
Tarby777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and the saga goes on Evil or Very Mad

I sent them a Rider, a USB cable and my SD card. They sent me back a Rider, a battery cable and half a RAM mount... no SD card, no USB cable. The incompetence is staggering, and I'm doubly annoyed because they got it back to me so quickly... they received my stuff on Wednesday and the gear arrived here today (Friday), and I was briefly very impressed with the turnaround time. Then I opened the box...
Tarby777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brace yourselves, everyone.... IT'S WORKING!!!!! Cheers!

...And now I can see what was wrong with the original Rider 2 that I bought - the SD card didn't lock into place. With the replacement that they sent me, the card, when fully inserted, is absolutely flush with the slot. On my first one, it was kind of half-in / half-out, and didn't lock into place. I am now happily running TTH on my PC, constructing itineraries like it's going out of fashion!

I think the Peak District will be beckoning in the morning... Driving

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: