Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iGO 2006 review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iGO 2006 review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about your experience with motorway exits as I don't 'do much motorway'. My thoughts were that the MIO 'exit' point is at the end of the slip road, where the slip road actually has a division between it and the motorway, rather than where the slip road first appears to the left of the inside lane. That'swhen the MIO gives me the 'leave motorway' instruction (too damn late) if I wasn't paying attention.
Have you had problems with the speedcam speed readout being wrong?
I am writing a fix at present for another thread. When I've done it, I'll post a link here.
Trevor
nabla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That motorway bit is exactly what happens to me, to damn late to say the least. But I think it is a mapping error, not Mio related... don't have another device with different nav software and maps to test though... well, I do have tomtom with 2006 maps, but its image refresh rate is so slow I wouldn't be able to say anyway.

Now that you mention it, sometimes the speedcam speed appears in km/h - eg a 30mph limit displayed as 48. Is not that the speedcam file has just "48" on it, because mio goes nuts with the annoying beep when going over 30 while still displaying 48... same for 50mph (80) etc. Is this what happens to you?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. That's exactly it. For a cam that has been entered with a speed of 30 (no units), the alarm sounding bit of the software reacts correctly at 30MPH, but the display bit of the software displays 48km/H.
My fix is at
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=77262&whichpage=8

If you use MPH in UK just replace the 'script sc_show_speedlimit' with mine, and add the 'script sc_Convert_To_MPH'.
This will work as if by magic. I don't know what happens if you change to metric though. Question
Regarding Phillipa, I find her more easy to understand, and my wife also prefers her to Jason. :D
I also have a fix for a 'Once only' alert telling you what type of cam (female voice)

Is there a free version of Ultraedit or similar? The shareware site comes up duff.
Trevor
nabla PM me with your email address.
nabla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the speedcam fix, will try a simulation with both metric & imperial at lunch time Smile

Been busy working on a few tweaks on the quicksilver skin as well, some buttons were from original skin and I want a TMC button in cockpit mode!!

As far as I know there is no free version for Ultraedit, I do have a license since it isn't very expensive (around £22); I've been looking at other alternatives for csv editing but I haven't found anything anywhere as handy. You might want to give Crimson Editor a try as a text editor anyway, much handier than Notepad by a long mile... Alternatively, there are other ways of running Ultraedit so it doesn't you with the 30 day trial period, however if you do serious text editing (specially any type of coding), I'd pay for a license... If only they had a Linux version!
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nabla wrote:

As far as I know there is no free version for Ultraedit, I do have a license since it isn't very expensive (around £22); I've been looking at other alternatives for csv editing but I haven't found anything anywhere as handy.

Have you tried Textpad? I have used it for years for editing text data files and for program source code. It's highly configurable but Windows only I'm afraid. Cheaper too!
http://www.textpad.com/download/index.html

Sal
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sal. How goes it?
Did you notice the posting date on the OP's post Very Happy Very Happy
Having said that, I might just have a go at textpad myself.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Hi Sal. How goes it?
Did you notice the posting date on the OP's post Very Happy Very Happy
Having said that, I might just have a go at textpad myself.

Rolling Eyes Yes as you guessed I saw the July date as I skimmed through, didn't notice the 2007. Can really recommend Textpad though, I use it constantly.
yoshiguy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: IGO 8 command file different Reply with quote

Has anyone tried to modify the turn left/right now for IGO8 .
it seem that the command.csv structure has changed ?

some help would be great.. a complete example or a copy of your changed IGO8 command.csv

Thanks
mojo-chan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone working on iGo 8 or Amigo?

I am trying to sort out Voice_Eng-uk-f3. I tried removing some lines like the 300m ones, and that seemed to work fine. I now only get two prompts for every turn, rather than the default three (800m, 300m and 100m).

I am still trying to figure out the exact syntax of commands.csv. It looks like the newer versions of iGo make more use of subroutines for building up the speech. For example, near the top you have:

Code:
"code","distance","vocal/iconid","text"
"slight_left","call bear BEAR_LEFT-M BEAR_LEFT-E",3,
"slight_right","call bear BEAR_RIGHT-M BEAR_RIGHT-E",4,
"straight","call c_straight CONTINUE_STRAIGHT-M CONTINUE_STRAIGHT-E",0,
"exit_left","call exit EXIT_LEFT-M EXIT_LEFT-E",24,

Then later on you have all the templates for "bear", "c_straight", "exit" etc. The two uppercase words after the "call -command-" bit are the two voice files, one for when the command is the last one and one for when there is more to follow (her voice goes up a bit so it sounds natural).

Then later on we have:

Code:
"template c_straight",,,"01_Continue straight situations"
,"100[then]*03_c_straight","THEN %2","01-5 Then continue straight."
,"300[then3]","*03_c_straight","01-5 Then continue straight."

First number is the distance. The item in square brackets is the conditions which iGo uses to pick the right thing to say. For example, [then] is for situations where iGo says "do something and THEN CONTINUE STRAIGHT". These are built in to iGo. The first one is "then" and the second one is "then3".

After that comes the optional ID. For the 100 line, the ID is "*03_c_straight". The 300 line does not have an ID.

The third item is what to actually say. The words in capitals are the names of the .ogg sound files to say. The %2 refers to a parameter passed by iGo, which in this case is presumably "CONTINUE_STRAIGHT" (i.e. the name of the .ogg file, less the -e/-m which iGo adds automatically).

Now looking at the 300 line, we can see that the third item is "*03_c_straight". That refers to the ID of the 100 line, in other words it's just saying "use the line with ID '*03_c_straight' for '300[then3]' as well".

The forth line is just a comment, it has no effect on what is spoken.

Code:
,"100[then2,X~1]*06_turn_2","THEN TAKE %X %2","02-47-52 Then take the %X %*. (X~1)"
,"100[then2,!X]*05_turn_2","THEN TURN-SH %2","02-77-81 Then turn %*. (!X)"
,"100[then1,X=1]*07_turn_2","THEN TAKE_THE_NEXT-SH %2","02-65-70 Then take the next %*. (X=1)"
,"100[then1,X~1]","*06_turn_2","02-47-52 Then take the %X %*. (X~1)"

(~ = greater than symbol)

Here is another good example. The first line defines "*06_turn_2". From the comment we can see that X is the turn number, e.g. the 3rd turn on the left/right. It is used twice, once in the definition ("[then2,X~1]" - i.e. then2 and more than the 1st turn) and again in the speech part where %X produces "the second"/"the third"/"the forth" etc. Finally %2 is "left"/"right", but from the comments it is also implied that it can be "sharp left"/"sharp right".

So, it's quite a complicated system to work with, because everything is referencing other stuff. The good news is you can just remove lines you don't want, but of course you do have to be careful when removing a line with an ID to either remove all other lines which reference it or to change their references to something else.

My guess is that iGo probably have some software which displays all this stuff in a big tree on screen to make editing it easier. Still, we can do it by hand Smile
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojo-chan
Welcome to the forums. Welcome
Wow, what a first post. I must study the format more closely later. About the only mod I have done is to replace the dreaded 'prepare to' with a silent .ogg.
mojo-chan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can read the post on my blog, complete with correct brackets:

http://blog.world3.net/2009/06/igo-8amiga-voice-commands-csv-format/

I am really busy but am going to try and find time to mod it at some point.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: