Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Kenwood - Garmin kna g520 speed camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Kenwood - Garmin kna g520 speed camera database
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imran5397
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Kenwood - Garmin kna g520 speed camera database Reply with quote

Sad IM LOST
HI i have just bought a kenwood nav box kna g520 could someone please tell me how to install speedcamera database on the box??

Also which database do i need to download?

many thanks
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look like it supports Custom POIs so you might not be able to. Is this on the list of compatible items for the database?
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid it is not on the list of supported products. It may work if is a rebadged clone of an existing one that is on the list. Somebody else may be able to tell you if that is the case, but if they dont try the following.

Do some research to see if it is - you mention "garmin" in the title and many of those are supported. Look in the shops to see one like yours,. Then the only way is to pay your £2, do a download for the similar product and see if it works
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
stevross
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Kenwood Garmin box and POI's Reply with quote

Hi,

I also have installed this system in my car and have downloaded the database perfectly.

All you have to do is download the garmin POI loader from their website then subscribe to the camera database and dowload the latest one, don't worry about the format as it will be converted by the Garmin software.

Next make sure you have an SD card available to download the database onto, open POI loader and it will find the SD card, then it will ask you where the camera database is so browse to its location.

Once the card is loaded with the database put it into the 520, switch on the system and it will find the card and ask you if you want to add the custom POI's say yes and you are done.

Now make sure you have enable the custom POI's on the 520.

It is fantastic but I need to adjust the settings for the POI's as it is constantly bleeping through all speakers.

Also I don't know if you are aware but there is a software update for the 520 that puts it on to version 2.70. I checked mine and it is only on 2.20 so I will be updating it A.S.A.P

Hope this helps. Twisted Evil
stevei
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stevross

I am thinking of getting a g520. Two questions.....
1) Does it alert you when near selected POIs?
2) Did you upgrade the software and was it worth it?
hoss183
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone answer stevei ' s question?
I am just looking at buying one,but i would need to know how well the speed cam warning works & if it works when no on an active route?
K60SGB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: response to hoss133 Reply with quote

Hi Hoss183,

The speed cam warnings work great on the G520 regardless if you have a active route running. you also get speed alert zone warnings as well, nice. The only niggly thing i say is that for certain cameras some strange GATO type message is displayed when you approach certain camera types, this may well be fixed in the lastest release, I haven't downloaded that yet.
and the beeping can get on your nerves. an earlier thread suggested you can change this setting, but I've not figured how to do that yet.
GSUS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to dig this one up again but i've just had my Kenwood with 520 installed. I have downloaded the POI databases onto the SD card using the POILoader.

When the card is put in the 520 it asked if i wanted to copy POI's to memory which i said yes to. However the POI's still do not appear. Could someone please send me the navigation to enable the POI's.

Regards

Glen
stevei
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually plug my laptop into the 520, create a directory from the root then copy the poi.gpi file there. (i think i had to install the driver for the 520 initially) Also you select mass storage device when asked on your head unit.

Hope this helps
GSUS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, not tried connecting the laptop yet.

I thought there might have been a setting on the screen to enable the POI's.

The strange thing is i followed all in the on screen notes, under the navigation Tools - My Data - Custom POI's the only option i have is Delete All and i would have thought i'd have seen all the custom POI's that i've installed.

Can you confirm Steve whether your navigation shows the same?

Regards

Glen
stevei
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i go to My Data - Custom POI's i get a list of all my POIs

BTW i checked and i have the Garmin drivers installed on the laptop
GSUS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve,

This is my problem here then Sad for some reason ths Custom POI's are not diplaying. Perhaps i need to install from the laptop and not the SD card.

Perhaps i'm trying to install the wrong version of Speed Camera DB, i was using the Garmin POILoader version found here, then choose the Singel File with All Cameras

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras&referer=SideBar
stevei
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you have downloaded the database are you running the POI loader program to put it onto your sd card?

BTW I use the UK - Speed Zoned Complete, You get much more information on the screen
GSUS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i'm using the POI Loader and that creates everything fine as far as i'm aware as i get no error messages.

I use the CSV files which i think is what the Garmin 520 reads, plus the kenwood head unit asks me if i want to install the cutoms POI's when the SD Card is inserted. Unless i should be using a different version and not the CSV files Sad

This is driving me mad :D
stevei
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Propably a silly question, but are you unzipping the file that you downloaded?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: