Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - T-Mobile and Nokia E61
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

T-Mobile and Nokia E61

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E61DRC
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: T-Mobile and Nokia E61 Reply with quote

I am using TomTom Traffic with Navigator 6.02 on a Nokia E61 with the T-Mobile Web-n-Walk tariff and it works fine for some time (from a few minutes to a few hours) then a red screen appears with the error message: 'TomTom Plus: An error occurred on your TomTom device. Please try again.' and if I press continue then it goes back to the map of the route but there are no traffic updates unless I reboot the phone. This happening when you are driving makes TomTom Traffic almost useless and it has been going on for months.

I assumed that it was a problem with the TomTom software but a few days ago I tried a Vodafone PAYG sim card at home and it worked fine. Today I drove to Cardiff and back, which is two hours each way, and used the Vodafone sim and Traffic worked fine for four hours in total whereas Traffic with the T-Mobile sim has never managed to work faultlessly on a journey of this length. T-Mobile do not want to help.

Has anyone else noticed this problem and does anyone have a solution (apart from getting a PAC and moving to Vodafone as Web-n-Walk is excellent value for money and works with everything else)?
slipper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like no one can help but to confirm this certainly happens with me too.
E61DRC
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted TomTom support for the second time about this problem and after several weeks, when they demonstrated that they do not bother to read the details given by customers, they offered a refund of the Traffic subscription, which I gladly accepted. TomTom support must be the worst of any organisation that I have had the misfortune to be a customer! Also, even when TomTom Traffic worked it was useless with supposedly congested roads actually clear. Therefore, you do not bother about dievrsions to avoid delays as they are probably fictional.
Is Traffic Master really any better?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: