Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - An open letter to Garmin
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

An open letter to Garmin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: An open letter to Garmin Reply with quote

(I also posted this letter to Garmin Europe)

Dear Sir,

I purchased a Quest II in June last year, based on recommendations from friends regarding the quality of product and the quality of customer service.

I was somewhat concerned about the lack of support for Mac OSX but was reassured by a press release from your company stating that support for Mapsource on the Mac was in development and would be released in December 06 or January 07. When this failed to materialise, I contacted your support department to be told it would be released in March instead. March has come and gone, and while software updates are now possible on a Mac, the mapsource software is still not compatible.

Today I attempted to upgrade from version 8 to version 9 of the City Navigator Europe Deluxe, only to find that your unlock payment page does not have Maestro as an option. Maestro is accepted all over Europe, and I use this in preference to a credit card. This means I do not have a card that matches any of your payment options. As a result, I've just been informed, during a phone conversation with one of your staff, that I will be unable to upgrade my mapset.

I have a long European tour planned for later this year, which I'm organising for a number of club members. I had anticipated taking my Macbook with me, as the routes are too numerous and long to fit on the QuestII. This would also facilitate additional route planning while on the trip, as well as allowing me to extract the tracklogs, which will easily exceed the tracklog capacity. I had also hoped to have an up-to-date map-set available to me.

It now appears neither are possible.

I'm disappointed that such a well established and highly commended company as Garmin is only interested in doing business with Credit-Card owning, MS Windows users.

Regards....
tartan-gps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share your frustrations with Garmin. They regularly seem to promise what they can't deliver and also have in my experience no interest in customer service. I e-mailed them 2 weeks ago with a query about my Nuvi and I have you to receive a response.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: