Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - V3 upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

V3 upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gerryharris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: V3 upgrade Reply with quote

Hi
I have a Mio 269 with V2 installed.
Is the upgrade to V3 and hence V3.2 worth the money?
I live in Spain.
Cheers
Gerry
etters
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gerry
What a very good question, I am in the same boat altough I have a Typhoon 3500 flashed to be a 268, and also have V2 on it.
I have been toying with the same idea for some time now, and I feel that if you do not go outside the country very often like me, I do not feel that it is worth the money. Whatever happened to the DVD with all the maps on so you can just put the map on that you want instead of having all of them on one card.
The other problem of course is that you have to flash the rom to the R23 so that it is compatable with V3, I can see a lot of fun there. I would suggest that you download the manual for the 269 or the V3 and have a read through it then you can make up your mind, bearing in mind that if you only drive around Spain it really is not worth 145 euroes.
regards Geoff
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: V3 upgrade Reply with quote

gerryharris wrote:
Hi
I have a Mio 269 with V2 installed.
Is the upgrade to V3 and hence V3.2 worth the money?
I live in Spain.
Cheers
Gerry

I like Miomap version 2 and in some ways I think it is more usable than version 3.2 - the roundabout and turn icon is a genuinely helpful and a greatly missed feature. I wish I still had access to version 2 - it is a more intuitive system I think.

But Miomap 3.2 is an improvement over version 2: the routing and routing options are a bit better and the voice directions are improved. There are still limited routing options - you can't state a preference for m ways over minor roads for example and the POI database and functionality is pretty poor.

Instead of upgrading to version 3 I would be tempted to buy a new device, as cheap as possible, with version 3 already loaded.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: