Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - AVOID GPSK HANDTE C
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

AVOID GPSK HANDTE C

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psykik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: AVOID GPSK HANDTE C Reply with quote

retailer referred to is www.handtec.co.uk

Ordered Garmin 660 with traffic reciever. Paid for next day postage. Next day, order not arrived. Called Customer service at handtec, person spoken to said
GPSK Handtec Idiot: "not my fault it hasnt arrived, you'll have to wait for it, nothing i can do for you"
Me "But i paid for next day delivery"
GPSK Handtec Idiot:"ok heres a phone number with Citilink, we had lots of problems with them, not our fault, ring them sort it out, thankyou goodb"
Me:"Um just want to remind you that YOU are responsible for the item until its in my hands, why dont YOU track it for me, and how about a refund on my next day delivery i paid for?"
GPSK Handtec Idiot:"Sorry sir, i cant do that, ive given you the number for citilink ring them and sort it out"
Me" Are you taking the P*** sunshine? Let me talk with your manager"

Spoke to said "manager", he refunded next day postage to me, said he would "tell off" the sales rep for being rude and that he had an "off day"

Next day Garmin unit arrived. Didnt work. Unit kept crashing. Possibly refurb. I couldnt be sure. But i had paid for a new unit, fully working one expected.

Felt like i got stiffed here. So rang GPSK Idiots handtec

Manager "Sir we really dont want to lose your sale, dont do a cancellation, how about we do you a Tomtom 910 traffic bundle with next day postage free? If you give us this chance we want to do right by you Sir."

Ok call me a lemon, but I went with it. Figured it would save time looking elsewhere for a cheap price......But that i had to pay RMSD return post to them PLUS the price difference on the tomtom. I made my displeasure known in no uncertain terms. But complied and paid the return postage and the additional amount.....Next day NO DELIVERY of the tomtom 910. Had to wait until today, after bank holiday period to call up and find out what happened?

Manager " So sorry sir, looks like Citilink messed up again. It went to the wrong depot and got re-routed. Would you like us to make it early delivery for you tomorrow? "

Me "No thanks do me a full refund please, I've really had enough, been messed about by you and your citilink excuse too much, i dont trust you and i wouldnt buy from you again"

Manager "Sir we cant refund you yet, we'll have to action a return on the tomtom and see if theres a restocking fee to charge you"

Me "Listen sunshine, restocking fee my A**, I never even had this unit in my hands, youve messed me about too much, if dont refund me by the end of the week in full, i'll take you to court and sue your A**"

Manager "BBu.."

Me - Hung up phone.

Dont know where i stand now, but would i reccomend these jokers to anyone - HELL NO!

For all you lucky guys with good stories about GPSK Handtec, i didnt share your experience at all. They suck imo. Prices are cheap, Cust service and confidence of delivery date doest rate even a 1/5. I rate them as a fat ZERO

Caveat Emptor.

PS looking for a deal for a tomtom 910 +traffic reciever at £328 inc vat or cheaper elsewhere. Anyone know of a good deal? pls reply here. I want to buy asap. THANKS
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get the traffic receiver - "Search" this forum for information and you'll find lots of disappointed owners.

here is just one of the results from doing a search on "RDS-TMC". Read and take note to save yourself being back on here with another unhappy report.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
psykik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis ta for that, will just get the 910 only then. Wont be from above mentioned retailer though. Never again ;-)
psykik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend sorted out a discount for me at Misco, bagged me a new 910 unit with the latest map version installed for £282. This pretty much matches what dixons are doing it for with voucher deal. http://www.find-tomtom-deals.co.uk/
I didnt get the traffic receiver after looking at the feedback here. So fingers crossed for the new 910 unit.

I did ring tomtom to confirm the latest map version was 6.5.2.5 as of today.

Tomtom confirmed to me there are units a year old still unsold in stock with alot of different retailers, that even if i buy a new unit, i would still be liable to buy a map update for it, if i wanted the latest maps. Hence i went the new route, not the refurb route which was cheaper at totalpda.

Also tomtom confirmed to me if you flip over the tomtom 910 and look at the number on the base, if the last digit is an R its a refurb. This info might be of use to someone.

Just glad to be sorted now and out of the clutches of handtec at last!

;-)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psykik wrote:
I did ring tomtom to confirm the latest map version was 6.5.2.5 as of today.
The latest TT Operating System is 6.525. The latest Map is v675.1409, released on 17th April 2007. Confused
The OS you get free updates for ever. You pay for map updates. In your case, if you haven't got that map version when you receive it, you'd be well advised to ask TT for a map update to v675.1409, on the grounds that the map in the device you've bought has been superseded before you got it! Keep your receipt, they may well ask for copy to prove you've got it and when.

psykik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis: Wow thanks for that. Will do exactly as you suggest and keep the receipt too. Also i stand corrected on the map version. Hope i get an updated map. Cheers m8!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hope - demand!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: