Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 310D - PSU fall apart and rubbesuction stuck on windows
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 310D - PSU fall apart and rubbesuction stuck on windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etaf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 310D - PSU fall apart and rubbesuction stuck on windows Reply with quote

I wonder if any one else are having this issue.

i have a Garmin 310D purchased 31st Oct 2006

I needed to have the PSU changed because of the traffic problems - well that PSU fell apart, split down the join and fused the car as the metal ring was left in the cigar lighter - I have been told to expect a replacement - but still waiting - 5weeks now

However, I now have a problem where - if I try to take the mount off the screen (ie parked on public highway and I dont want people to know I have a sat nav) it leaves a large residue of black from the sucker on the screen.

anyone else have these problems?????
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've certainly heard of the black residue problem before, and nearly suffered it once. Garmin will normally send you a replacement mount if this happens, although you'll have to clean up the car yourself.
rabtt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ermm, is it not the case that ALL suction cups leave a mark on windscreens?! Rolling Eyes I'm a real car buff and even with the cleaning I do there's always a slight mark. It simply comes from your air intakes as it draws in air, so does it draw in a bit of dust'n'stuff :x IMO, if the rubber was of a harder compound, it wouldn't provide half as much staying power as it currently does!
etaf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thiere are actually bits of the sucker - as the sucker has lost a lot 20% of its surface now Sad

However, GArmin have been really excellent on their customer service, made a call on Tuesday and the new PSU arrived Thursday
and the suction cup has been ordered as not in stock

Thank you garmin - will continue to recommend your products to friends and family.
ggdok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive heard that hot, direct sunlight can cause this problem. Imagine the heat of the sun, then it is magnified by the windscreen.

I now use the dashmounted disc and its more convenient to set the nuvi in a comfortable position and it doesnt fall off like it does on the screen. And its easier to clean the disc than the windscreen.
etaf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - yes I think it was following a few very hot days - I will have to look into the dashboard mounting - is this an accessory you buy - and is it a permenant fixing to the dashboard
ggdok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

etaf wrote:
Thanks - yes I think it was following a few very hot days - I will have to look into the dashboard mounting - is this an accessory you buy - and is it a permenant fixing to the dashboard

I had the dash mount disc in the box with my new Nuvi.
Its just a shiny black self adhesive disc...once placed its permanent. Only fit if youre keeping the car for a while. Laughing Out Loud.
Be careful positioning it...the self adhesive glue is very sticky...you only get one chance to place it accurately.
etaf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - yep i have one in the box ...... so i will think about that....as it clearly needs some careful consideration as its a once only option...
ggdok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

etaf wrote:
Thanks - yep i have one in the box ...... so i will think about that....as it clearly needs some careful consideration as its a once only option...

No worries.
I attached my Nuvi to the cradle and held it in my hand and tried it in various parts of the dash...it may sound dumb and simple...but it saves hassle later. I chose a flat section of dash just left of centre...I can easily reach the touch screen without having to stretch for it and the screen can be easily positioned for optimum viewing.

Good luck.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: