Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - StreetPilot i3 v9 map upgrade & postcode search
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

StreetPilot i3 v9 map upgrade & postcode search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeckoGirl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: StreetPilot i3 v9 map upgrade & postcode search Reply with quote

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I've done a search & can't find anything...

I've got a StreetPilot i3 (with transflash card) and have installed the V9 maps on my PC. When I go to install the maps onto the unit, I get an error message saying I'm about to wipe all Garmin pre-installed info & if I have a unit with a card I shouldn't proceed. My last map upgrade came via a new card from Garmin, so I haven't upgraded the base maps myself before.

Obviously I will need to proceed to get the updated maps, but will I keep the postcode search functionality? I've had various versions of Mapsource for ages which I've used to load to a separate transflash card when I'm going to Europe. However when I copy the new UK maps to my spare card I can only search on city & not postcode.

If I bite the bullet & update my original card with V9 maps will I still keep the postcode search? If so, where does the postcode search software live - anyone know?

thanks all
GeckoGirl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I updated the maps to v9 - and I no longer have the postcode search functionality.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you resolve it.

thanks
casablanca
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geckogirl
I copied my original transflash card onto another card, put it in the i3, then downloaded maps from the City Navigator NT Europe V9 on to the unit.
Very worrying warning before the download, but perfect. Postcode search as normal. Tell me you back up before the download!!!!
adrian_anastas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: NT or not NT Reply with quote

Hi Gecko Girl,

You'll need to make sure that the maps are the NT version of the maps. These are the maps with the full post code search. Also I think you need to upgrade straight from the DVD, rather than using the Mapsource application, although I've never tried this.

Let us know how you get on.
casablanca
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: NT or not NT Reply with quote

adrian_anastas wrote:
Hi Gecko Girl,

You'll need to make sure that the maps are the NT version of the maps. These are the maps with the full post code search. Also I think you need to upgrade straight from the DVD, rather than using the Mapsource application, although I've never tried this.

Gecko Girl
Install the DVD on your PC, run Mapsource and check for updates, mine needed one and I only got City Navigator NT a month ago. Highlight the area you want to down load onto a spare transflash card and you are away.
GeckoGirl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: NT or not NT Reply with quote

adrian_anastas wrote:
Hi Gecko Girl,

Hi Adrian - thanks for the reply. I ended up speaking to Garmin customer services about this a couple of weeks ago & they said the same - it appears they just sent me the wrong version last time. They're sending me an NT version - which I had hoped might be here by now. Fingers crossed it works when it gets here... Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: