Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Evesham 6200 from Asda
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Evesham 6200 from Asda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cap4004
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who have managed to install TomTom6, is it stable and fast? It would be cool to have TT6, but not if it crashes, or takes 15 minutes to find sats.

Also, how does TT6 compare to 7700? I have read that 7700 can also be ran on these units. Which would be a better upgrade?

Thanks!
GPSPunk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: NAV-CAM 7700 with TomTom 6 Install Notes Reply with quote

Ok, here we go...

This forum is pretty mixed up with different devices, which have different hardware and don't function the same I'm specifically working with the recently wooted Nav-Cam 7700 and attempting the TomTom 6 install.
:P

Just from diggin around on google, etc, I got the Nav-Cam 7700 to boot to a Windows desktop...easy enough.

I HID THE TASK BAR, AND I'M GLAD! For those who hid their taskbars, and can't get them back...here's how I do it. I use a store bought stylus (about $2.99). I slide to the taskbar area, and when I hit the edge, I kind of roll the point of the stylus to get a bit closer, the taskbar appears, works every time. ;)

Good, past that. I also installed TomTom 6 and the USA maps, no big deal there either....It opens, it runs, etc. ;)

Here's the trouble: configuring the GPS Device. TT6 offers a COM2 setup and a COM5 setup, for standard NMEA devices anyway, which the Nav-Cam 7700 uses...but still, at any baud rate, it doesn't show up. No GPS Device! it says is a subtle and unfriendly little text. Sad

So, I use the GPS Viewer 3 v1.2P that comes with and low and behold, the GPS is working....a bit strange. So, I'm going through the tabs, and one tab is labelled "COM7", this lists all the data coming in, etc, log types and so forth. I think this may be part of the problem? Maybe?

Anyone to this point yet? Any ideas?

Thanks...

mij160
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anybody put tom tom on a 6200 for me
grimbk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im looking for the 7700 software so i can update my 6200 can any one help me please
alided
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Trying IGO on Nav-Cam 7700 Reply with quote

Hello,
I was able to install TomTom 6 and it works fine. Now i need map of the country which TomTom does not support. So i installed(copied files over) iGo.
iGo starts and displays map. But(there is always BUT) iGo can't find GPS. Any idea on what to do with it ?

Thanks
BumpStart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to the Nav-Cam 6200. Does any one know of european maps that will work with this unit. Looking at Italy.
Would appreciate the software for the 7700, as I hear it has had good reviews.
cheers
steven1xbox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: TomTom Maps Reply with quote

I used the TomTom 6 on the pocketpc emulator and i went to the folder where it installed.
I copied that folder to the SD card.
I launch TomTom 6 and it shows the splash screen up until it shows "No Maps Cannot Be Found".
I have the usa_canada and canada_alaska maps on the SD card.
what could i do?
Is there a file i missed out?
Could someone give a good step by step instruction on how to port over the TOM Tom 6?
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two possbilities...

One - the name of the folder into which you copied your maps is not correct.

Two - the maps are for a version of TomTom other than V6
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: NAV-CAM 7700 with TomTom 6 Install Notes Reply with quote

GPSPunk wrote:

I also installed TomTom 6 and the USA maps, no big deal there either....It opens, it runs, etc. ;)

Here's the trouble: configuring the GPS Device. TT6 offers a COM2 setup and a COM5 setup, for standard NMEA devices anyway, which the Nav-Cam 7700 uses...but still, at any baud rate, it doesn't show up. No GPS Device! it says is a subtle and unfriendly little text. Sad

So, I use the GPS Viewer 3 v1.2P that comes with and low and behold, the GPS is working....a bit strange. So, I'm going through the tabs, and one tab is labelled "COM7", this lists all the data coming in, etc, log types and so forth. I think this may be part of the problem? Maybe?

COM7 is one of the usual ports assigned to BT GPS units under WM5. Question

But what may be happening is that a part of the original application is still running on your setup and has control of the COM port assigned to the GPS thus preventing TomTom from attaching to the device. "No Device" is the message you get when it can't find a GPS unit. No data or Data not seen for... secs is the sort of thing you will see if it connects to the GPS but can't get a lock.

Try stopping running applications.
steven1xbox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 6 maps Reply with quote

I think i have the right maps, because tomtom home reads them correctly.
I didnt install the tomtom on the navcam but just put the files there from installing on pocket pc emulator.
I put the folder like usa_canada in the root of the SD card.
I try to run it and it still doesnt read.
I also try to make a shortcut in mydocument/tomtom to link to the sd card(I dont have enough space on the navcam.) but it still wont work.
Can someone tell me how they did this step by step, (i already tried Mick's guide on page 3.) Maybe how someone installed tom tom 6 and where they put the maps.
steven1xbox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Navcam 6200 Registry Reply with quote

Does anybody have a fresh Navcam 6200 Registry?
I look up on how to hide the taskbar so i can fully see tomtom6 but the registries point to some /shell foler which i cannot find.
steven1xbox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Tomtom on navcam Reply with quote

Nevermind, i found out how to install the tomtom 6 on my navcam.
Is there any games compatible with the modded navcam 6200?
i tried some but they all end up with some message saying that it could not find some program.
Fitzyhimself
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help

I've got an evesham nav-cam 6200, and it's seconds away from being smashed to bits. I would love to put TomTom on my 6200. I'm fairly good when it comes to inputiing stuff, changing files etc, although I admit I was a little lost after reading this forum. Can anyone help. Does anyone have a really easy guide how to do this, plus the files needed to do this

I would be most grateful

ta
Haystacks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Nav cam 6200 Reply with quote

I have a nav cam 6200 which has given me an error message re the 'mobilenavigator.exe'

I have been on the phone to Evesham and I have been told to reformat my 'MyStorage' disk. Having done this I need to find the CD and use the 'installer_uk.exe'

As you've probably guessed I can not find the CD!!!!! Does anyone know if I can get a copy of the file off the web?

Cheers
angelasattic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Help... Reply with quote

Just bought the 6200 and all Im getting when I switch it on is the nav cam logo and the water *screensaver8 thing..no menu, can anyone help? Its given me a headache and Im about to throw it up the wall Laughing Out Loud

Thanks

Angela

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: