Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deviltronics wrote:
Quote:
To get to Temprorary Internet Files in Vista, you need to select 'Tools' then 'Internet Options' through the Internet explorer.

I did that as explain above, but it still didn't show, although the other directions I mentioned above worked.

Quote:
What version of Camera Manager are you running, mine is v1.5.0.0 Beta

I have the same version, although there is a later version, I understand this as a Beta only, only offered to a few, I don't believe this is Vista compatable as i've been told that Ash doesn't have Vista.

Our problems are within Windows Defender Security (ticking or un-ticking the correct boxes), if you get it to work please tell me how.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
Deviltronics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:

Our problems are within Windows Defender Security (ticking or un-ticking the correct boxes), if you get it to work please tell me how.

I don't think the problem lies within Windows Defender, as I have completly disabled it, closed camera manager and then restarted it. Still same problem.

Just to confirm my camera manager states I am 'Not logged into PocketGPSWorld.com Cannot check for updates'

Also when i connect my device to the computer the camera manager does not do anything and also nothing appears in the 'current version' box.

Is this happening with you?
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deviltronics wrote:
Quote:
Just to confirm my camera manager states I am 'Not logged into PocketGPSWorld.com Cannot check for updates'

Also when i connect my device to the computer the camera manager does not do anything and also nothing appears in the 'current version' box.

Exactly that. Confused
DPL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deviltronics wrote:

Could somebody with Vista confirm they have the same problem

Confirmed. I'm running Vista Home Premium on a new Dell laptop. Crying or Very sad
Deviltronics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPL wrote:
Deviltronics wrote:

Could somebody with Vista confirm they have the same problem

Confirmed. I'm running Vista Home Premium on a new Dell laptop. Crying or Very sad

After messing about with Vista for 3 hours yesterday, I gave up. Tried absolutley everything. Must be something in the .exe file that is not compatible with Vista. See if somebody can prove me wrong!

Using my XP computer for this application for now (luckily I have six computers!). Will keep an eye out if anybody manages to fix it.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPL wrote:
Quote:
Confirmed. I'm running Vista Home Premium on a new Dell laptop.

So am i, could it be a Dell thing, who else with problems is using Dell Question
Deviltronics
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
DPL wrote:

So am i, could it be a Dell thing, who else with problems is using Dell Question

I've got a Toshiba Laptop.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deviltronics wrote:
Quote:
I've got a Toshiba Laptop.

Oh well, thats my idea for the day gone then.
Back to the drawing board!
keystrokes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, been busy on the road.

Mine is a clean install of Vista (Home Premium), The security has been adjusted, but only for other things, so it could affect this.

IE7 Protected mode OFF
User Control Account OFF
Windows Firewall OFF

Mine is still working, best of luck guys

Lloyd[/img]
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 2.0.0.0 beta is now available 8)

What's new:

- Tabbed settings window, standardised layout with "Apply" button
- New/clearer speed limit icons*
- Optional unconfirmed mobile camera sites
- Support for using voice warnings*
- Hush mode
- Confirmation on quit
- Check for camera database updates now button*
- Automatically open the POI directory button*

*available to contributors/testers only at the moment

Timings Tab

This is pretty much as before - use this tab to specify how much warning (in seconds) you'd like for each of the different camera types - a value of zero disables that particular warning.

The Approach warning is a simple alert as you approach a camera - the Overspeed warning is a reminder alert as you get a little nearer. If you're exceeding the posted speed limit at this point, the Overspeed warning will repeat until you slow down.

Options Tab

Use new speed limit icons... - the speed limit icons have been redesigned to make them clearer and easier to read, especially when using a StreetPilot i3.

Display speed limit icons... - with this option enabled, the standard colour-coded camera type icons are replaced with speed limit icons.

Add ACPO margin... - the Association of Chief Police Officers recommend a margin of error for speed measurements, below which no action should be taken. However, this margin is purely a guideline and some forces (notably North Wales) choose to ignore it and pursue a zero-tolerance policy. Use with caution!

Include unconfirmed mobile sites... - these are locations that have been reported as having mobile cameras, but have not yet been verified by PGPSW.

Add support for voice warnings... - with a suitable Garmin unit and version of POI Loader, it is possible to have voice warnings for speed cameras, instead of the usual warning tones. I've created some basic examples here - http://tinyurl.com/2rvqx6 - they're nothing special, but will serve to get you going.

Status Tab

Current database - this displays the latest camera database that has been downloaded. If it is blank, then the database has not yet been downloaded succesfully.

Last checked - this shows the time and date that the latest version of the camera database was successfully checked. If it is blank, then Camera Manager has not yet been able to check - you will need to be logged into PGPSW using Internet Explorer, although this only needs to be done once (and you can go back to using Firefox ;) ).

Check now - breaks the "check daily" routine and forces a check for the latest database version.

POI directory - this displays the current POI working directory, as used by POI Loader. If this directory cannot be detected, it will default to c:/garmin/poi

View files - opens the POI working directory, without you having to go looking for it.

Hush mode
When you get a reminder that updates are ready for installing, you can silence further reminders by right-clicking on the icon within ten seconds of the reminder appearing - right-click on the icon again to cancel hush mode.

Paypal - Donate
If you find Camera Manager useful and would like to show your appreciation, or you'd like get your hands on new features ahead of everyone else - please consider a small contribution, and click on the Paypal button... :D

Enjoy! ;)
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash program looks damn good but a question or 2 if you dont mind

The link to the sound files has sounds for all types of camera ,does this mean your program is going for the 23 or 24 files matching the sound files instead of just the camera type files ?

On my garmin ,and it may be different from the main lot its a 2720 and it talks of mp3 sound files which surprised me a bit ?

And what sound does the overspeed use normal double beep or the camera warning again ?

I dont want to be a pain cos your prog is grand man and if you think OH **** I wouldnt be surprised :D

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomthompson wrote:
The link to the sound files has sounds for all types of camera ,does this mean your program is going for the 23 or 24 files matching the sound files instead of just the camera type files ?

There are currently voice warnings for each camera type (Gatso, Mobile, Specs, Temp) at every possible speed (20 - 70mph, and unknown), plus Redlight (for which the speed limit is largely immaterial).

Quote:
And what sound does the overspeed use normal double beep or the camera warning again ?

Presently, the initial overspeed warning should just be a repeat of the approach warning - it would be possible to distinguish between approach and overspeed voice warnings, however that would involve splitting the database into (even) more categories...
DWiskow
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note !

Latest version of the Garmin POILOADER (2.4.1) no longer supports WAV files . . . . . .

. . . . so convert the WAV files to MP3 (I used 128bit) copy the MP3 files into the directory on your PC will all the POI's (including speed camera GPX and BMP files) and then run POILOADER.

Works like a dream. WELL DONE ASH (again !)
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWiskow wrote:
Just a quick note !

Latest version of the Garmin POILOADER (2.4.1) no longer supports WAV files . . . . . .

Good point - I've just updated the voice zipfile accordingly, and converted everything to MP3 format Smile
marksnsparks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ash,

I've downloaded the new version of camera manager, but the speed icons for each camera on the map have been replaced by a grey dot.

Any idea what to do?
Audio version 2.30
GTM12 - Version 4.80 Firmware
GPS v3.00
bluetooth software version 3.10

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 19 of 77

Jump to: