Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Aytobe- Speedcams and other POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Aytobe- Speedcams and other POIs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To install a WinCE application where you want, you need to get a copy of CABINSTL which is freely available (just Google it or go here:- http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/cabinstl.shtml )
Copy it to your SD card.
You then need to locate the TT installation .CAB file (using Explorer either on the aytobe or in Activesync).
Start CABINSTL,Put the .CAB location into the panel, and select your target directory, and Robert is your mother's brother. (Or should be: not tried this with TT)

I have used CABINSTL for lots of applications on my iPAQ and it seems to do the trick.
widu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: aytobe Reply with quote

astracoupev6 wrote:
widu wrote:
astracoupev6 wrote:
1st time post

i've had my aytobe unit for a couple of days now fairly impressed so far only other experence with sat nav was tomtom on a moble phone slow frezzing etc put me off buying a proper unit but gave in a brought this iv'e looked through this post and thought i'd mention that the user manual and found this "optional extras which is tmc (traffic message control) and speed camera dection " but is say's go to aytobe.com but no where top download the "extras" can any body help me Confused

I phoned the company. I didn't ask about the TMC but the speed cameras aren't available as the software is stilll underdevelopment.

they didnt give any clue as to when the software will be ready did they Sad

No they didn't. Bearing in mind that this unit has now been released about 6 months, originally retailing for 250 euro and is now sold by Maplins who are infamous for obtaining and retailing near end of life products, coupled with the fact that the A2B website promises other units which appear not to have been developed, I wouldn't hold your breath over the development. Personally I think the company is in wind down from the vague answers I received on phoning them.

However, as a stand alone PNA is is very good. Routing as fast (at least) as TT and accurate too. I sent mine back but only because I couldn't be bothered with the hack, but just as a LCD screen and speaker PDA it's worth the money anyway.
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ejr1039 wrote:
Hi Lester,
thanks for the reply, yes it is always on charge, in the house or on the road. It doesn't fail on the road and I like the unit, when it has lost the favorites it is from turning it on. Between the two of them I have had they have lost them 4 times. My son also bought one at the same time and he has had the same problems.
ejr

I think it was a bit of a red herring regardin the power, anyways.

I'm fairly certain favourites are saved on the SD card - so forgetting them, is somewhat odd.
badgerdid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get the full postcode try copying the zip folder to the unit itself and not just the sd card, for my pda i had to copy it to program files/navigator/

it should work then
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTN problems - First off the issue with the postcode, you need to select Nav To/ Address/ Postcode, the zip folder should be in the route of the memory card, also an empty folder named TomTom needs to be in the root of the memory card, this saves wasting 10MB of device memory (assuming the device will work in the same way as a PDA).

The loss of favourite's could be down to the currentmap.cfg or mapsettings.cfg (dependent upon version 5 or 6 installed) - copy this file from the GB map folder on the memory card to the PC right click it and untick the read only check box, once this is done copy it back to the map folder and you should be able to store favourites and speed camera
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgerdid wrote:
To get the full postcode try copying the zip folder to the unit itself and not just the sd card, for my pda i had to copy it to program files/navigator/

it should work then

There's not enough free space on the aytobe with the settings that are on there currently - the bias is a certain leeway for programs / storage, the rest as usable memory for apps.
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
TTN problems - First off the issue with the postcode, you need to select Nav To/ Address/ Postcode, the zip folder should be in the route of the memory card, also an empty folder named TomTom needs to be in the root of the memory card, this saves wasting 10MB of device memory (assuming the device will work in the same way as a PDA).

I'll check that all out.

mikealder wrote:
The loss of favourite's could be down to the currentmap.cfg or mapsettings.cfg (dependent upon version 5 or 6 installed) - copy this file from the GB map folder on the memory card to the PC right click it and untick the read only check box, once this is done copy it back to the map folder and you should be able to store favourites and speed camera

I think the loss of favourites was in reference to the aytobe's native navigation (ie smart2go) - which stores it's config on the SD card, so if it's going missing, something funky is going on.
logicalstep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: TT 6 Reply with quote

Hi All,

My first post here, but been a long time reader of these great forums.
I regularly buy from maplins and this offer dropped in my post today. I'm really tempted but only if it'll run TT as I want the POI and gumph.

Also just wondered if any of you guys who have TT running on this device, does the remote control enable navigation in TT or is that limited to the Aytobe software.
Many thank to all who are hacking this device, it really seems a good deal if you have the option of running TT6 on it as well.

Logicalstep
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: TT 6 Reply with quote

logicalstep wrote:
Hi All,

My first post here, but been a long time reader of these great forums.
I regularly buy from maplins and this offer dropped in my post today. I'm really tempted but only if it'll run TT as I want the POI and gumph.

Also just wondered if any of you guys who have TT running on this device, does the remote control enable navigation in TT or is that limited to the Aytobe software.
Many thank to all who are hacking this device, it really seems a good deal if you have the option of running TT6 on it as well.

Logicalstep

The remote control works when running TomTom, but you just have to be a little wary - not everything operates exactly as it does when running the smart2go navigation software. As an example, the up and down arrows on the remote, change the volume when running TomTom.
logicalstep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least it sort of works!
Can you tell me if you have TT running smooth with no errors? and is one of you boffins planning a definitive guide to installing TT on here? That would really help me out, but I can struggle on with wht i've read so far.

Logicalstep
Stingrad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slightly different question on this, I am trying to play music via the mp3 player and copied some songs from my I tunes to the SD card but they are not there. I think this may be to do with the format of the file can anyone help with this?

Also a friend of mine tried to buy one today and they are out of stock until May......
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

logicalstep wrote:
Well at least it sort of works!
Can you tell me if you have TT running smooth with no errors? and is one of you boffins planning a definitive guide to installing TT on here? That would really help me out, but I can struggle on with wht i've read so far.

Logicalstep

I have TT running smooth - just as good as the original smart2go navigation on the aytobe. No errors.

Can't seem to get the 7 digit postcode thing to work, despite all the recommendations.

And the cabinstl thingmy that someone suggested, won't run on the aytobe.

If I could get it all running off the SD card, and not actually touch the local flash memory, I've a feeling I'd be OK with the postcode thing - I've also noticed that the voice files have to be on the local flash, with my install - which gives me precious little space.

Ignoring the 7 digit postcode thing for a second, though, TT works completely fine, no lag, runs at good speed, and doesn't produce any errors. Not had any crashes or stability problems. And have some POIs and speed cameras loaded.
logicalstep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Aytobe Video Reply with quote

I just found this on youtube after a random search for Aytobe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14wu1dz-q6U
All I can say is I hope the jerking when showing 2d 3d navagation on this video is down to the quality of the video.
Thanks for your info Lester B I think it could be worth getting one but I might wait it out to see if ayone can get TT fully working.

Logicalstep
bigdavep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these on order with Maplins after taking back the Bluetooth GPS unit I got for them to link up to my Sony Ericsson W850i as I got a cool bit of software called Nav4All, only problem was no speed camera at all, could custom POI them but only thr their online interface and couldn;t import any big list.

Anyway I took it back because it took over 10 attempts to get it to join with my phone and rather than simply exchanging this I decided to upgrade to this as it seamed a bargain at £40 extra, but a little conerned about other people posts about it not able to support speed camera locations yet when it advertises the fact as an optional extra in the manual I carefully read beforehand. Have I still got a good buy? I mean I know it sounds like the software on it seams ok enough and because its WinCE4.2 can be made to do more.

If I am able to use it as a PDA (kind of) with contact lists and appointments, and then launch into the nav software which a guy mentioned previously then that would be awesome.

Finally (yep, i know i as alot, but i've not got it yet, i've paid for it and its on back order), a lot of people have talked about putting TT6 on it, which is great, but i'm not inclined at the moment to spen another £86, does any one know any cheaper or even freeware titles which do support speed camera?

Much Love Wink

BigDave
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option if you want Tomtom 6 and a PDA is this PH one for £128.

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=143354

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 5 of 20

Jump to: